Factory 562XP Exhaust Good Enough?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to turn 40 and have the hearing of a 55 year old man. Nothing like what you're dealing with, but doing my best to keep what I have.

It's also just plain more comfortable. Noise is fatiguing. Have to pay less attention to where sparks or sawdust is going if you're wearing safety glasses.
I agree, noise wears me out, i don’t need extra.

I agree, noise wears me out, i don’t need extra.
41ZyDrGRsNL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

When I was younger I wasn't to careful in regards to hearing protection. As a result of a lifetime of shooting, running equipment and working in heavy industry the hearing in my left ear is 90% gone in most frequencies and my right is only a bit better. As a result I am very careful now with wearing both plugs and muffler. I will also preach protecting ones hearing to anyone willing to listen.
The worse things on my hearing were running a skidder with a Detroit Diesel, being around air arcing and duck hunting.
I thought I knew better also, some of my hobbies and habits at work contributed to severe hearing loss. Tons of machining time, long loud cuts, grinding, polishing, gouging, shooting skeet for hours. Me and my wife are both 3/4 deaf, I lost a lot in the higher frequencies from the triple cylinder snowmobiles I had that were equipped with race pipes and no silencers and spun 10-11k rpm. Chainsaws, dirt bikes, race quads/trikes, tractors skidders, heavy equipment, Nitro RC stuff. I don't know how many small engines I tinkered with but its a insane number, I work way too much. I try not to let the next generation make those mistakes I made and I get angry with them when I see them not wearing glasses, ear protection or when they do something unsafe. I have seen a lot of accidents over the years and I am sure you have also. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I thought I knew better also, some of my hobbies and habits at work contributed to severe hearing loss. Tons of machining time, long loud cuts, grinding, polishing, gouging, shooting skeet for hours. Me and my wife are both 3/4 deaf, I lost a lot in the higher frequencies from the triple cylinder snowmobiles I had that were equipped with race pipes and no silencers and spun 10-11k rpm. Chainsaws, dirt bikes, race quads/trikes, tractors skidders, heavy equipment, Nitro RC stuff. I don't know how many small engines I tinkered with but its a insane number, I work way too much. I try not to let the next generation make those mistakes I made and I get angry with them when I see them not wearing glasses, ear protection or when they do something unsafe. I have seen a lot of accidents over the years and I am sure you have also. Hindsight is always 20/20.
I did all of that stuff too, besides nitro RC and trikes.
And triple cylinder sleds with pipes really hurt me two. Between PSI mod blasters and track noise.

Latest posts

Back