Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The truck did come out nice . Took me close to four years to do . Not that I worked on it all that time . View attachment 1178126
Wow, looks awesome. I have always been impressed with people that have the diligence, patience and dedication it takes to restore cool old vehicles. Hats off to you sir !

I was stacking my cherry wood 7' high trying to get it all up by the house for my personal stash. This morning I got the last cart load on the 4th row. Was mowing and came around the corner, the whole row fell over.
thumbnail_IMG_3159.jpg
I regularly stack the rows 7-8 ft , making sure to push the row backward once it gets to 5-6 ft.
It can settle over time, so every once in a while I make sure the foremost row is not leaning too far frontward.

The lawnmower pulled log deck duty today. This sure is slick. I had a 16” diameter elm that was 24’ long on this thing and it handled it like a champ. Sure beats bending over. Lay that 066 on and let it eat !!
IMG_1368.jpeg

I also threw this rear basket thing together and used it to hold gas/oil and the saw while I pushed wood up and grabbed another log. Less worry about backing over something if it’s following me !! Also worked well to raise it up in the air and use it as a sharpening bench. This will need some revisions but worked very well for how much time I have in it so far.
IMG_1369.jpeg

Going to have to get the splitter fired up soon. The basement is getting full lol
IMG_1371.jpeg

I see a fiskars handle in that pic. I’m really impressed with their spitting axes and mauls. Even my little fiskars pack hatchet has lasted 20 years and is easy to bring out razor sharp.
I love my Fiskars! I have the X5, X7, X11, X17, X25, and the black handled versions of the X21, and the X27. Also their 6lb and 8lb mauls.

I love my Fiskars! I have the X5, X7, X11, X17, X25, and the black handled versions of the X21, and the X27. Also their 6lb and 8lb mauls.
I recently just got my X27. I can't saw enough good about it. I can't swing a regular maul anymore, but this thing will split with only a little effort. Like many things, I wish I had gotten it sooner.

Hauling wood from dad’s place to mine. This is the first cut up stuff I’ve hauled so far in the little red wagon.
IMG_1393.jpeg

I dumped it on a strip of concrete we used to put an Ag bag on. Can’t ask for a much better place to store and load wood !!
IMG_1394.jpeg

I know there was 2.5 cord of wood on the pile when we started and it looks to be 3/4 gone now that the wagon is full. Goodness this thing is a cavern !!
IMG_1395.jpeg

Latest posts

Back