Tree Damage From Crop Spraying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ATRAZINE 4LEPA REG. NO. 34704-692

PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTSHAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALSCAUTION
Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Causes moderate eye irritation. Keep away from food and feedstuffs.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Some materials that are chemical-resistant to this product are listed below. If you want more options, follow the instructions for Category A on an EPA chemical resistant category selection chart.
Applicators using spray equipment mounted on their backs must wear:• Coveralls over long-sleeved shirt and long pants,• Chemical-resistant footwear plus socks, and• Chemical-resistant gloves such as barrier laminate, nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber or viton.
Mixers, loaders, all other applicators, flaggers, and other handlers must wear:• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants,• Chemical resistant gloves such as barrier laminate, nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber or viton,• Shoes plus socks, and• Chemical-resistant apron, when mixing/loading, cleaning up spills, cleaning equipment, or otherwise exposed to the concentrate.
See Engineering Controls for additional requirements.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
Discard clothing and other absorbent material that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this product’s concentrate. Do not reuse them.

USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
Users should:• Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.• Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.• Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.

lunch1.jpg
Just found out this is "Harvey" and Harvy is likely not certified.

ATRAZINE 4LEPA REG. NO. 34704-692

PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTSHAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALSCAUTION
Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Causes moderate eye irritation. Keep away from food and feedstuffs.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Some materials that are chemical-resistant to this product are listed below. If you want more options, follow the instructions for Category A on an EPA chemical resistant category selection chart.
Applicators using spray equipment mounted on their backs must wear:• Coveralls over long-sleeved shirt and long pants,• Chemical-resistant footwear plus socks, and• Chemical-resistant gloves such as barrier laminate, nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber or viton.
Mixers, loaders, all other applicators, flaggers, and other handlers must wear:• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants,• Chemical resistant gloves such as barrier laminate, nitrile rubber, neoprene rubber or viton,• Shoes plus socks, and• Chemical-resistant apron, when mixing/loading, cleaning up spills, cleaning equipment, or otherwise exposed to the concentrate.
See Engineering Controls for additional requirements.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
Discard clothing and other absorbent material that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this product’s concentrate. Do not reuse them.

USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
Users should:• Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.• Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.• Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.

View attachment 1178686
I'm not fighting with you. We don't know from your pic if that corn the farmer is walking through was sprayed or not. If so he is in violation of the REI. If not he's OK. The sprayer operator is exempt for some of the PPE requirements because enclosed cab. I have the book.
20240520_160131.jpg

I'm not fighting with you. We don't know from your pic if that corn the farmer is walking through was sprayed or not. If so he is in violation of the REI. If not he's OK. The sprayer operator is exempt for some of the PPE requirements because enclosed cab. I have the book.
View attachment 1178688
Yes, I read that part of the label.
I watched him spray that area he is walking in.
While I was gone, he moved the tractor to where it is in the photo.

Nice to know you're "not fighting with me."

Just to be clear, you're saying it's not a violation to eat his lunch in the tractor while spraying Atrazine?

Yes, I read that part of the label.
I watched him spray that area he is walking in.
While I was gone, he moved the tractor to where it is in the photo.

Nice to know you're "not fighting with me."

Just to be clear, you're saying it's not a violation to eat his lunch in the tractor while spraying Atrazine?
In the user safety recommendations it says " users should" wash hands before eating, drinking etc. Nothing in my label that says it's in violation. Most of those sprayers have super fine filters in them to remove any particulates. Now if ya wanna talk common sense the guy walking through the field is a dumb a$$ if it was just sprayed.

In the user safety recommendations it says " users should" wash hands before eating, drinking etc. Nothing in my label that says it's in violation. Most of those sprayers have super fine filters in them to remove any particulates. Now if ya wanna talk common sense the guy walking through the field is a dumb a$$ if it was just sprayed.
Yes, common lingo from non-committal government agencies and pharma/chemical companies... "should" "could" "might" "may" and the all-time favorite, "insufficient data."

Absolutely a dumbass... and a liar for telling me he was spraying fertilizer.

Latest posts

Back