What's the worst you've done to an idiot customer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You were greatly inconvenienced again with this customer, but this time you did it to yourself. He not only didn't learn a darn thing, he got you to diagnose it and remove the bed for him.

Next time he calls, "Not interested. This isn't a hobby, this is how I feed my dog and keep my lights on, so I only work for paying customers. Good luck with your truck." Click.

Done.
It cost me a hour of my time, he was the type of person that would continue to call and bother someone every other week even after you politely said i'm not interested. Not to mention the fun I had calling him back a few times over the next month and a half to ask if he was ready to proceed with the repairs..his excuses were pretty funny.

It cost me a hour of my time, he was the type of person that would continue to call and bother someone every other week even after you politely said i'm not interested. Not to mention the fun I had calling him back a few times over the next month and a half to ask if he was ready to proceed with the repairs..his excuses were pretty funny.

It's your life, but I've got lots of things I'd rather be doing for an hour.

I never thought that this thread would go this long, and generate commentaries on what "professionalism" means.. Wow I don't know. Maybe I should have been more specific about what a huge effhat that this guy was. I have patience, tons of it.. I have kids, and they have taught me that and more. I've done stuff for basically free, because I had to explain to a Homeowner, that because of some random Asian, Ash Borer beetle, that they now needed to drop up to 20K to remedy the situation. As long as they paid enough to cover the crew, I'd swallow my own time, and other costs, ( fuel, lunch for the crew.. etc.)
But this dude was my own personal challenge. As I've said, I have a ton of patience, I'd have gladly spent an hour and a half explaining his options. I had no problem with that, explaining options comes with the territory. But he slowly but surely descended into being a total douche. It became rapidly obvious that he was into it to eff me over.
I've got the patience of Job.. But this one guy took me over the line.. "Why don't you show me how long it takes to drop a tree" was the tipping point. I could see that he was just wanting to be a player, and just **** with me.
That was the end of the road for me. Dude!! Really?!? Game on!! He called the game, and got what he asked for.
I appreciate all the comments about "professionalism", etc. And I've taken some notes, and quotes. But, every man has his breaking point, and he reached mine. And then some.
As I've said, this thread went far beyond what I thought it would. can we please close it, and just move on.

Latest posts

Back