My son-in-law gave me a Shindaiwa 500 for my birthday. It would fire with fuel to the carb but wouldn't stay running. It seems to have lots of compression and other than needing a chain brake it doesn't appear to have been run much.
This evening I pulled the carb off this saw and a 345. Gave them both a soak in the ultrasonic cleaner with some Simple Green and water.
Put in new carb kits and now they both fired right up. I put a brake on the 500 and I think it's ready to go. I haven't run them enough to get them good and warm so final carb adjustment will come later.
Thanks to all the good folks on here that have gotten me this far with my low mechanical aptitude.
Also worth mentioning is the new shop is framed up and waiting for metal and I also got a nice big metal Shindaiwa sign to hang up when the shop is finished.