Today was a really tough day. I get a call from my stump guy while on my way to the job site. he is panicked and tells me he flipped his grinder upside down.
I hurry to the site. I use my bobcat to upright the grinder. I then tell him we will have to get any oil out of the head that may have gotten in there. Well, long story short we have to dang near dismantle all the stuff off the engine to access the fuel injectors to remove them. We get it all apart, then turn the crank over several times to blow out all the oil. once we are satisfied we got all the oil out we re-assemble it all and fire it up.
Thank God it ran just fine. He went on the grind all the stumps but I spent 5 hours of my day dismantling and re-assembling the engine with him. Oh well, I'm real happy he did not end up with a damaged engine. He was very grateful and even offered to do the work free but I insisted on paying him. He had a bad enough day and definitely could use the cash for some minor repairs.
The really bad thing is that this grinder had only 26 hours on it. Brand new Carlton 7015.
Note to others, be careful on even slight hillsides with this unit. This one was the rubber tire not the tracks. It flipped on a little undulation that really looked like nothing to me. One one of the wheels got off the ground over she went.