who can sew or splice eyes for me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crotchclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'd like to have some eyes sewn or spliced in the ends of lanyard lines (Tachyon, Blaze) and convert an Armor Prus split tail into an e2e. I've never spliced before and am not sure I want to attempt it on these complicated ropes. That's why I was leaning towards the cheaper option of sewn eyes. Will companies like ABR or Sherrill sew eyes for me if I send them my ropes and snaps? Or will they only do it on new ropes off their spools?

Splicing already loaded ropes is, from what I've read, really really really difficult. I'm not a splicing expert though so I don't know.

I splice and it is more difficult to splice used ropes. I don't think anyone will splice used rope for you. I would contact Wesspur and get something custom made. It shouldn't be to difficult....tachyon and Blaze are quite easy...not sure of Armor. I splice Beeline or tecnora for e2e prusiks.

Not sure you would be able to convert a 'Split Tail' too 'E2E' as it would simply be too short, I think.
But as stated, splicing used goods is pretty much a no go zone for most. Make it easy on yourself and just go to Treestuff, ABR, or Wespur and buy em, youll probably end up spending less in the long run. ABR will likley work with you for custom stuff, and theres also 'Splices by Nick' if hes still operationable(google it).
You can also buy some 3/8"Tenex, say about 10-20 feet at first, and teach yourself how to splice, its not hard with Tenex, its actually pretty fun. With Tenex, you can splice with a ballpoint pen(poormans fid) and some masking tape, lots of info online about this.
Good luck stay safe.

Latest posts

Back