New here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldtimefiddler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Saying hello,..New to the Rec tree climbing , started as a need to cut some branches and figured I would learn how to ascend and descend a tree with rope and friction knots! I've acquired some gear and I am so addicted now,... Guess I will get around to cutting the limbs sometime! Anyways, I look forward to reading more on these forums.

Saying hello,..New to the Rec tree climbing , started as a need to cut some branches and figured I would learn how to ascend and descend a tree with rope and friction knots! I've acquired some gear and I am so addicted now,... Guess I will get around to cutting the limbs sometime! Anyways, I look forward to reading more on these forums.
Welcome aboard oldtime fidler, stay safe : ) PS is cad computer assisted design?

Gonna try out the hitch climber setup now... Also just acquired a new harness, a friend of mine who owns a tower company passed along To me.. Its a Sala Exofit XP , although at first felt a bit heavy once I tried it out it was great and super comfortable! A lot better than the 4 dee I have

I started with a Buckingham tower harness. It was comfortable and robust, and it wasn't long before I got tired of its weight. I have since purchased a Petzl Avao harness with the detachable over-the-shoulder attachment ... comes in handy when working from a ladder so the gear's weight rests on my shoulders. Harness selection is a personal thing. Some guys are happy with what others dislike. If you're happy with your harness, that should be all that matters to you. Good luck! <K>

Back