i know someone here can help me. snow plow problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshnnh

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This is my second year plowing. Last year I bought a 97 f350 xlt with a fisher minute mount plow. It is the first model of minute mount. My pump is under my hood. When I went to hook it up all functions of the plow controls are extremely slow and delayed. How do I go about maybe bleeding the system? Or can I just top of the reservoir? Thanks in advance . I'm in N.H. and gonna be plowing tonight.

You may not have enough voltage. Was it faster before or is it your first time using it? Shouldn't have to bleed anything. I'm on my fourth plow, I have had issues with all. It's usually electrical. I have a western that's a year old and the controller is already glitchy. I had 2 hinikers and another western. They are all junk in my opionion. After a year they are sloppy piles of ****.

You may not have enough voltage. Was it faster before or is it your first time using it? Shouldn't have to bleed anything. I'm on my fourth plow, I have had issues with all. It's usually electrical. I have a western that's a year old and the controller is already glitchy. I had 2 hinikers and another western. They are all junk in my opionion. After a year they are sloppy piles of ****.
actually it was a quite simple fix. after looking threw the system i found that it was about empty of fluid. poured the reservoir full of lucas atf. the thing moves like it were new. not as fast as a boss or snow way. but it is back to a functional fisher . they weigh a ton . that doesn't help with the speedyness of them. but if you give a little gas when articulating the plow it gives it a little extra. thank you for the response

I had a 9ft like that on an 85 F350 6.9. Sent it down the road some 7 or8 years ago 6.9 was good tranny good plow good everything else was turning to orange dust. When I would do a long windrow the truck would look like an inch worm, frame giving way at the cap box junction. Fairly bullet proof system cept for breaking a lift chain every so often. A jack and a spare hunk of chain and some bolts get ya going again.

Back