Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mark,
The yellow saw at bottom left looks like a Ram Tools clam shell model. I didn't know those came in yellow. Mine are red. Do you still have the saw?
Mike

Typical Bendix Scintilla magneto coil on a Logmaster type. Insulation cracking up. Allowing moisture to corrode the secondary which leads to an open circuit.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416678721.853307.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416678742.671278.jpg

Also, this is the second one that has the keyway wallowed and the key broken. Fortunately the flywheel Is only responsible for starting and cooling. No magnets.

I've had success repairing these by coating the coil with RTV silicone as long as the spark plug lead is still attached. Work it into the cracked areas as much as possible and let it cure - at least couple days. I think I've wrapped some with electrical tape after the silicone cures.

Anyone interested in 2 mall 12 a saws? One has a bow saw, the other one a bar. Both have spark.

Also have a sears craftsman saw from 1948 I believe and a lancaster pump manufacturing top handle from about the same time period.

What's a fair value for a mall 12a bow saw. The saw has spark and compression. I have never put fuel in it to see if it would start.
e729109a97a1fd3fe57e6e85cfd12696.jpg

Hi guys. New to the forum. I had a Remington Super 660. I loved that saw and still miss it. I'm currently trying to re- identify an old Mall 2 man chain saw that I started restoring over 20 years ago and its turned into a project that I'll never get to. It's all in parts now. I knew everything about it years ago, but I don't remember much about it now. I'll get some pictures posted!

G dub

Back