The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Montuckians better be ready. The big rain has started, the weather gurus are saying the F word in their forecasts. Maybe if you generate enough hot air, the rain can be deflected down to CA where they need it, and away from the people who do not work in the rain.:)

Montuckians better be ready. The big rain has started, the weather gurus are saying the F word in their forecasts. Maybe if you generate enough hot air, the rain can be deflected down to CA where they need it, and away from the people who do not work in the rain.:)

Pull my finger...;)

Yes, wet and warm, with a quick arctic snap over the weekend.

At the risk of getting my visitor's pass revoked, I must confess that I watched part of AxMen last night and found a crew that I am qualified to join. The "logger" from Wyoming and his boys could use me. I could fetch wedges for them while they hold back fair size leaning trees with their bare hands. Since I am already experienced with a drilling hammer, I am sure I could even whack the wedges with their claw hammer. Also it looked like our chain sharpening skills are about equal. Just like them, I can blame every mis-fall on the tree being dead. I don't like hard hats nor apparently do they. I doubt I can carry dad back to camp like one of the boys but I am sure I can find other useful things to do - maybe get a head start on an eulogy. Sad face that show puts on the logging profession. Not to minimize the dangers of logging but I would bet that crews like that one tilt the ranking of logging as the most dangerous profession. :( Ron

At the risk of getting my visitor's pass revoked, I must confess that I watched part of AxMen last night and found a crew that I am qualified to join. The "logger" from Wyoming and his boys could use me. I could fetch wedges for them while they hold back fair size leaning trees with their bare hands. Since I am already experienced with a drilling hammer, I am sure I could even whack the wedges with their claw hammer. Also it looked like our chain sharpening skills are about equal. Just like them, I can blame every mis-fall on the tree being dead. I don't like hard hats nor apparently do they. I doubt I can carry dad back to camp like one of the boys but I am sure I can find other useful things to do - maybe get a head start on an eulogy. Sad face that show puts on the logging profession. Not to minimize the dangers of logging but I would bet that crews like that one tilt the ranking of logging as the most dangerous profession. :( Ron

Thanks for the recap Ron. Now I'm really glad that I didn't watch it.

Funny kinda makes me wanna watch it... watching stupid people makes me feel smarter...

But they have to have a recap or instant play of what just went on before the commercial which makes the show even harder to watch. I quit watching it a few seasons ago it was way too stupid. I'm surprised it is still going.

But they have to have a recap or instant play of what just went on before the commercial which makes the show even harder to watch. I quit watching it a few seasons ago it was way too stupid. I'm surprised it is still going.

My wife doesn't like that show because of all the cussing and yelling and screaming. Not the show's...mine, when I watch it.

Latest posts

Back