whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhhh ..... I don't know what that means but if it involves me cutting a few pines loading them into the truck and then putting a check in my hand .... Then yes I am doing that

Lol.. holy hell, went out there today, everything was a fight.. too tired to even type about it really. Damn snow we had the other day didn't help, that's for sure. Could've been a lot worse though. I don't know what made me try starting the chipper after pulling it out of the shop, but good thing, battery was stone dead, just out of nowhere (job close to a half hour away). Had to put the shop charger on it and the one ton (probably not the safest thing for the ecu, or whatever, but it worked). Took forever at that. I knew the battery was good though, it whirled it over all day after that. Strangest thing. I'm wondering if maybe the ignition switch stuck in the on position inside or something.. only thing I can think of. Whatever, is fine now. That was just before leaving the shop. All these black Friday fruitbaskets were something else at the gas station this am too.. omg, felt like a homicidal maniac really, but somehow made it through that too. Lol, just venting. Oh,, and then there's the omnipresent barnyard odor that has overtaken my equipment too, but I guess I covered that already. Lol.

The only thing I did today was watch the Iowa Nebraska game, and eat and drink. Im going to bring the chip truck home tomorrow to clean out the garage after my sons wrestling tournament. Im trying to decide on a wood stove or a pellet stove for the garage. I think im going with a wood stove.

The only thing I did today was watch the Iowa Nebraska game, and eat and drink. Im going to bring the chip truck home tomorrow to clean out the garage after my sons wrestling tournament. Im trying to decide on a wood stove or a pellet stove for the garage. I think im going with a wood stove.

Yes, wood stove. Don't go the metrosexual route,, you're a treeman, damn it!! Pellet stove..

Finally took the 540 to pick up some wood after we got her back from warranty work. Nice machine, but a little tough seeing what you're picking up on the ground. Really have to stick your head to the side. Zero lawn damage.
b9841aa9b249f16ffb12d1eaf51426f4.jpg
Which grapple do you have?

Temp has risen to a balmy 12° out there. Thank god I went out yesterday instead of today. Got an estimate for a supposedly "big" takedown at 11:00. Strange year, been busier later in the season than ever it seems. Good thing, cuz any money that comes in seems to fly out the door as soon as it comes in.

Back