Chipper Choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many days a week are you planning on working? Full time or part time? Be sure you work safe and don't attempt climbing trees without proper training and tools!

How many days a week are you planning on working? Full time or part time? Be sure you work safe and don't attempt climbing trees without proper training and tools!
Short Term, Supplemental Income

Absolutely Not climbing for now.

Short Term, Supplemental Income

Absolutely Not climbing for now.
I would suggest a chick and duck then. Something like an old asphlund or a wood chick. There are no expensive hydraulic parts to maintain and replace and the engins are usually gas. My old one was a late 60's ford slant 6. It was was a great chipper that anyone can work on. It's a motor, clutch and some knives on a drum.

I would get a disk chipper... I had a couple of Bandit chippers, a 90 and a 95. Big enough to chip anything smaller than what should otherwise be cut into firewood, they always ran well for me. They will keep up with a crew, they are small enough to tow into tight places and with a half ton truck. Keep the knives sharp and adjusted right, and lube the crap out of the bearings. These can be had here for around 5-8 grand, in used but serviceable condition.

Back