My 1968 F100, 240 6cyl, 3 on the tree.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Analyst Man

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
245ervd.jpg

Good looking truck! You can keep those trucks running with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver, unlike those of today. New one likely won't last half as long either :(

Good looking truck! You can keep those trucks running with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver, unlike those of today. New one likely won't last half as long either :(
You are so right. Just this this fall I drove about 20 miles to pick up some wine grapes (we make wine every year) and when I tried to back the truck up I couldn't get into any gear. The shift lever just flopped around in my hand. Popped the hood and found the linkage disconnected. Washer and cotter pin no where to be found. Looked around for 5 minutes and found a piece of wire that I was able to wrap around the end of the linkage and that got me home!

Very Nice! I've been wanting an old Ford for awhile now. Guess I need to start lookin...
Take your time, it took me several years but I finally found this one for $3500, with 78k original miles and everything works. Interior and bed look just as good as the exterior. It has been repainted but they did a nice job and it's all metal, no bondo anywhere. Came from NC.

Back