Omitting or bypassing autofeed valve on 2005 Bandit 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scars2prove-it

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The autofeed valve is leaking again for the third time and I just want to omit it because the autofeed function has never worked correctly from day 1. How do I bypass it?

The autofeed valve is leaking again for the third time and I just want to omit it because the autofeed function has never worked correctly from day 1. How do I bypass it?
Call Bandit and speak to a tech they will walk you through it. On my 1890 you just cut and switch a couple wires from the autofeed - tach .

That is why I didn't even consider buying a Bandit. I've never used one that had a functioning autofeed. A friend of mine bought a new 150 and the autofeed lasted 2 wks. He didn't take it in under warranty due to laziness. He took it to the dealer a couple of years later to get it fixed. He spent $660 and it went out again and he gave up. Another friend with a 250 had the same experience. I spoke with a salesman at Bandit in 2012 and he admitted the problem but said that they had finally fixed the problem. That is a a lot of money a year to pay someone to stand there and bump the bar. I own a Vermeer and a Terex and they both work flawlessly.

Latest posts

Back