Bad month for loggers in GH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humptulips

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Two friends of mine involved in separate logging accidents this month. One dead, hit by a top when falling. The other will never work again I think, leg ran over by a shovel up to the pelvis. Looks like they will save the leg.

Friend of mine asked me if I could get her son a job in the woods. I told her no. I feel pretty good about that decision now.

Two friends of mine involved in separate logging accidents this month. One dead, hit by a top when falling. The other will never work again I think, leg ran over by a shovel up to the pelvis. Looks like they will save the leg.

Friend of mine asked me if I could get her son a job in the woods. I told her no. I feel pretty good about that decision now.
Sad to hear

Another one. I worked with this company quite a bit but the name doesn't sound familiar. It's been a bad year and a bad start to the new year.

Centralia resident dies in logging accident in Grays Harbor County
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 2:56 pm
By Sharyn L. Decker
Lewis County Sirens news reporter
A Centralia man was killed in a logging accident over the weekend southwest of Oakville.
The Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office said it happened in the Minot area on the Brooklyn T-Line Road. They were called at 11:15 a.m. on Saturday.
Erin L. VanBrocklin, 41, had been bucking a log and a crew was rigging up a yarder, according to the sheriff’s office.
A log broke loose and it rolled downhill crushing the victim between it and the log he was working on, Undersheriff Dave Pimentel said.
Pimentel said co-workers had to cut the VanBrocklin out, and they placed him a stretcher and drove six miles to where they met an ambulance at where the T-Line meets Brooklyn Road.
“He was tended to by an aid crew and pronounced dead,” Pimentel said.
Grays Harbor County Fire District 1 Firefighter Shawn Burdett said members of Centralia’s fire department were first on the scene. Responders continued CPR until medics arrived, Burdett said.
He was working for B and M Logging, according to the Department of Labor and Industries. The state agency is investigating the death.

Did you guys know that loggers are over 10X as likely to die at work than police officers are? They way everyone goes on about it I thought being a cop was the most hazardous thing one could do with their spare time.

Back