whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well at least you don't have to pic them off with the boom the way you loaded them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only had to back out to the street with them the grapple was waiting for me, what a project that was! Tight ass curvy driveway! thanks Mr estimator for noting that this was a job for the small crane not the Peterbuilt... whatever took me damn near an hour to get the truck in and out of the drive and I still made it an hour under the estimate

I only had to back out to the street with them the grapple was waiting for me, what a project that was! Tight ass curvy driveway! thanks Mr estimator for noting that this was a job for the small crane not the Peterbuilt... whatever took me damn near an hour to get the truck in and out of the drive and I still made it an hour under the estimate
Haha !! Your every tree company owners dream !! [emoji4][emoji4]

well after all you did have the BIG CRANE!

Life is hard, never soft, grow it long, shave it off,
Van Halen
Jeff

We did a land clearing job yesterday. 14 small trees and 18 stumps. We were originally going to grind the stumps but we were able to push over the trees after digging around them so we just dig up the stumps. This a friend's skid steer. I'm impressed with it. It was dark when we finished up for the day. I've got to go clean off their driveway but it's raining right now.

Cut a few pines today.
e3f573c9acb7b6a67b49d22ac2a67503.jpg

He probably wanted to work smarter and faster rather than harder and slower today. Or he had a slew of work lined up for the lift.

That looks like a great setup you have going there climbhightree. Do you own that bil-jax or did you rent it for the day?

He probably wanted to work smarter and faster rather than harder and slower today. Or he had a slew of work lined up for the lift.

That looks like a great setup you have going there climbhightree. Do you own that bil-jax or did you rent it for the day?
We do work at this college every winter break, and for the last 2+ years I've been telling them this tree needs to be removed but was never given the go ahead. This year I told them that if they chose to just deadwood it again, they would have to sign a document saying I recommended removal and that I'm not liable. 2 days before starting work at the college, they decided to remove the tree, and wanted it done ASAP.

Normally I would have used a crane on this type of tree, but can't get one on that fast...so the lift was the only safe way to remove the tree. The tree had no center, it was removed years prior due to dieback, and large dead leads that we had stubbed off years ago too (left due to cables).

Took us all day to remove it...as they did not want the lawn damaged. 3 men and mini and the rented lift. They removed the larger wood.

We do work at this college every winter break, and for the last 2+ years I've been telling them this tree needs to be removed but was never given the go ahead. This year I told them that if they chose to just deadwood it again, they would have to sign a document saying I recommended removal and that I'm not liable. 2 days before starting work at the college, they decided to remove the tree, and wanted it done ASAP.

Normally I would have used a crane on this type of tree, but can't get one on that fast...so the lift was the only safe way to remove the tree. The tree had no center, it was removed years prior due to dieback, and large dead leads that we had stubbed off years ago too (left due to cables).

Took us all day to remove it...as they did not want the lawn damaged. 3 men and mini and the rented lift. They removed the larger wood.

Go home and relax,,got it done.
Jeff

Killed it on the weekend warrior scene today. Three jobs, a load and a half of chips (about 30 yards). One job was a no haul too. Not bad. Nice to go out with two of my best friends and kick some serious tree ass. Even if only part time. Kind of what the MDS needed today (other than freezing my ass off). I hear one more Christmas song, or thing about Christmas, and I'm liable to kill somebody. Lol. I'm not kidding, though.

Back