want to build a logosol anyone do this with pics ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa.hunter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i dont have money to shell out for new one . any pics ideas would be good thanks guys i will be using hand winches for log lift

I had considered building one out of wood and using bolts to hold it together so it can be moved in pieces.

I had considered building one out of wood and using bolts to hold it together so it can be moved in pieces.
i think i will build with treated lumber but, i wont be moving it, tract for saw will be steel

i dont have money to shell out for new one . any pics ideas would be good thanks guys i will be using hand winches for log lift
There was an Aussie that used to post here that had set a single rail horizontal bar mill up on a bench using a ladder and an 066 - he posted a lot of pictures but they are now all gone.

Lots of videos on youtube. I was watching one this morning from Russia where the guy had built a clone and it looked to work well. Sadly, I can't seem to find it now.

yes i have looked online guess i will just build it , work out bugs if i have any was just wanting to look at some homemade builds for ideas thanks guys

These are neat designs. I'm very tempted to rig one up myself (why I was watching the videos), but I still like the idea of a beam machine or mini mill to slab down larger logs into more manageable size boards rather than having to use the arch to move them to the saw (or move the saw to them).

These are neat designs. I'm very tempted to rig one up myself (why I was watching the videos), but I still like the idea of a beam machine or mini mill to slab down larger logs into more manageable size boards rather than having to use the arch to move them to the saw (or move the saw to them).
i just had back surgery so my bending and hard labor days are over so, i want to build something i can stand up with crank handle let saw do work . i want cranks to adjust log up down. i will start on it soon scrounging parts now ordered logosol nuts from baileys to mount saw for my 2100 and thinking on building rail now thanks have not seen those ones i want to set mine up with rollers for easy sliding on rail still drawing and thinking about it thank again

I have a lot of arthritis in my neck and upper back - I know exactly what you mean!

Part of my problem is that I'm also intent on building a full featured bandsaw mill next spring/summer. So I don't want to go hog wild on the CSM, but I want to mill some wood up now for various projects before I get the BSM done. Mainly, I just love being out in the woods.

Here ya go! Would've been easier finding it if I had some clue what the video was called, but I managed to regardless. :D

thats good one i will build one like this but i will use holes pins for more precise cuts his looked close but not perfect on a couple and little heavier than i will build mine ! thanks

I have a lot of arthritis in my neck and upper back - I know exactly what you mean!

Part of my problem is that I'm also intent on building a full featured bandsaw mill next spring/summer. So I don't want to go hog wild on the CSM, but I want to mill some wood up now for various projects before I get the BSM done. Mainly, I just love being out in the woods.
i just mill when i have time build all my furniture and cover walls in house with wood and have built some small buildings with my lumber when i retire i may get into it more ? thanks for your time

I have some 2x2x3/16 tubing that's got 2" OC drilled 5/8" holes with matching over size slip collar tubing - it's just about begging to be used on one of these.

The cable winch locking cogs aren't a bad thing either though. You'll want some kind of independent adjustment for at least one side so you can level a tapered log for the two side cuts giving your flat sides for further processing. The winches are also an easy way to raise the log, although I do question repeatability for precision due to the length changing if the cable wraps differently from log to log.

Maybe look at a design where the saw carriage can adjust up or down instead of lifting the log at both ends for each cut. Then only have a winch at one end to adjust for the logs taper. Something like the norwood chainsaw mill but only a bit more robust and a foot or 2 off the ground.

I have some 2x2x3/16 tubing that's got 2" OC drilled 5/8" holes with matching over size slip collar tubing - it's just about begging to be used on one of these.

The cable winch locking cogs aren't a bad thing either though. You'll want some kind of independent adjustment for at least one side so you can level a tapered log for the two side cuts giving your flat sides for further processing. The winches are also an easy way to raise the log, although I do question repeatability for precision due to the length changing if the cable wraps differently from log to log.
just built log lift mechanism this morning. i build from sign post holes are inch apart and i have bigger size that goes over it, used 2 pieces stalk on main lift and of set holes half inch apart. when i weld on the not moving square tubes i will of set them 1/4 so, i will have bunch of settings for log lifting part. i will try get some pics i was in hurry wife was sick had to run to store i am on vacation for holidays so every chance i get i will work on it a bit. i have to got get some pulleys yet and some bearings as well

I've been away from the wife and kid a lot the past couple months, so I haven't done much of anything in the shop lately.

Latest posts

Back