Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the nicest looking firewood setup I've ever seen! Guess you would need some kind of tractor/forklift thing to do that so a big No Go for me but still pretty cool.

I have a Kubota with hover option to move firewood.
helium2.jpg

View attachment 388761

Is that a LeverTractor? Man you Canadians are crazy. May have asked this already, been a long weekend with all my kids. Aren't you the guy that had a nasty looking cut across your nose? I suck at remembering names, more of a facial recognition kind of guy.

Well , I went to see the the Doc today , yup , my diagnosis was correct , I broke at least one rib , maybe 2 , I told him when I did it and that it was worse Saturday after I scrounged up a load of firewood , he laughed at me .
The good thing is that there are no restrictions , scrounge on as I can tolerate ;)

I busted a 2 ribs 4 or 5 years ago and it never did heal quite right. I think that was the most painful injury I've ever had. Being in my late 50's probably didn't help any, or continuing to cut firewood, instead of letting it have a chance to heal. I feel for you Dan, it sure isn't pleasant.

Yup Duncan, keeping on working doesn't help them any. Mine is getting better but I have big plans for the "holidays" so doubt they will heal much. I'm not much on going to the Doctor, he keep telling me to take it easy cause I'm getting older. I tell him I'm getting older because I work, he just doesn't get it.
I really hate those front tires my dutch wife bought so I'm trying to wear them out. Ripped the chains right off a few weeks ago, I have the old tires back on right now.
Ambull, yup that was my perty face with the nasty cut. The tractor is a Kubota L35 TLB, I think I could use a bigger one. I told my wife I need a bigger one and she said yup you sure do. And then laughed.

I decided that little trailer needed some reinforcing also. The back door kept bending and popping out. So i screwed a piece of treated decking across the bottom so it won't flex. I wanted to run a piece of steel cable across the top, so the sliding door would still work, but UR strap idea was too simple, so I used it!

Not sure when I will use it.

Just for the record UncleMike, when I get enough speed up.......... my 2wd quad gets through your mud pit up there no problems. But yeah, I've sunk a few in there when going too slow.
On those little trailers, keep your screws tight, or just weld up all the seems. Like I said, I welded that sliding back door solid. Really helped with all the flexing.

View attachment 388761
They make an app for that...

Guy I bought my liquid ballast from had a BIG kabota, it had oversized cast iron hubs because of the loader...and liquid ballast. He didn't want the ballast, so he drained it and sold it to me...four 55-gallon drums worth, enough to fill quite a few L&G tires!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Liquid filled tractor tires.
Right out of High Scool, I was working at the local Firestone. The salesman brought in a couple tractor wheels to have the tires replaced.They were heavy but never gave it a thought, pulled the valve core and got a face full of ballast liquid.
Found out why they were so heavy, the hard way. Live and learn.

Mike: If you have lost the stopper for your gas jug, an empty 12ga shotshell is a good replacement and cheap also.
I'm about 7 mi south of the Southbury I 84 exit in Oxford.
Is that coffee shop across from the train station in Brewster still there? Best coffee I ever had, had two cups.

Another rainy day, I got wood to split, two cord hardwood and about ten cord pine. Ran out of firewood last year, I had the wood, burried under 3 ft of snow. Could not get to it, had to BUY couple cord, bummer.
The wood was cheap (?) but @$4 a gal and 10 mpg the gas wasn't.

Several options...a brine mix is the most common, the stuff I have is a citrus-based fluid, some guys even use washer fluid on small applications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Back