My former employer still has my gear.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt C23

Reaction score
We parted ways last month, I got 95% of my gear back from him. Ultimately he will not return my chaps.

I know, there are many out there who don't use them. I wear my seat belt and use my turn signals all the time, I like to wear my chaps when running saw. The funny thing is, my employer himself doesn't use them, and doesn't encourage his employees to use them, so why would he not give them back?

I have 2 dollars in my pocket and potential small jobs I could be doing, I know it is silly to refuse work due to a lack of gear, however, if safety gear is part of the deal it would be like trying to work with no chainsaw at all.

I have called the office almost everyday since and left text, messages, and emails. I get replies such as "lose my number."

How does one go about getting their gear/reimbursement back from an employer?

Trust me I know, there are very few companies worth working for in Wilmington NC. I have a roof over my head, meals covered, wish I had some beer money (which is probably the only downside of being super broke for me at the moment)! I had been on a series of vacations for the most of December, which has been quite enjoyable actually.

I'm not broken about my problems, I am a little butt hurt over my chaps though (haha!).

Given my former employer's propensity to fire people lately, I would say the probability is very low. The one guy who may still work there hasn't had his phone on lately, good thinking though!

Latest posts

Back