WHAT IS THE ULTIMATE CLEARING SAW NYLON

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the offer, kirko. If I was buying a high power brush cutter (eg: FS 250 or 550) I would take you up on it. But as it is, I think the FS 130 with and Airecut should do the brushing and mowing that I need.

Thanks for the offer, kirko. If I was buying a high power brush cutter (eg: FS 250 or 550) I would take you up on it. But as it is, I think the FS 130 with and Airecut should do the brushing and mowing that I need.

A 250 won't efficiently turn one of these blades. You pretty much need a 4/500 series machine

Hey Catbuster n AnewSawyer
Im pretty sure the fs 130 would spin the 250mm Airecut no probs , according to the website it is suitable for 25cc and under the 130 has 11cc on that.
What did you run your 300mm on catbuster ?
In my opinion the bar blade would be even more efficient.
I ordered 2 *350mm bar blades but got sent 2* 350mm tri blades so I ve got four now LOL
So I cant comment on the bar blade yet but cant wait to finally get one one my 550 ,, will be Lethal
Cheers guys

Hey Catbuster n AnewSawyer
Im pretty sure the fs 130 would spin the 250mm Airecut no probs , according to the website it is suitable for 25cc and under the 130 has 11cc on that.
What did you run your 300mm on catbuster ?
In my opinion the bar blade would be even more efficient.
I ordered 2 *350mm bar blades but got sent 2* 350mm tri blades so I ve got four now LOL
So I cant comment on the bar blade yet but cant wait to finally get one one my 550 ,, will be Lethal
Cheers guys

I didn't catch that you had the smaller shredder for sale. The 130 should turn it. But what I mean to say was that the 130 won't turn a 320mm shredder efficiently.

Yeah, the 300mm Airecut was what I used on the 130. And physics says the triblade should spin easier because of aerodynamics and the way it breaks up the fluid around it as it spins, and the way the shredder is designed it creates way more drag... That's my engineering background coming out.

A 250mm Airecut would just waste your time on the 130. The 300 is the way to go with that machine.

I didn't catch that you had the smaller shredder for sale. The 130 should turn it. But what I mean to say was that the 130 won't turn a 320mm shredder efficiently.

Yeah, the 300mm Airecut was what I used on the 130. And physics says the triblade should spin easier because of aerodynamics and the way it breaks up the fluid around it as it spins, and the way the shredder is designed it creates way more drag... That's my engineering background coming out.

A 250mm Airecut would just waste your time on the 130. The 300 is the way to go with that machine.

So I could use the 320mm shredder that Kirko is offering to us on a 130 but it wouldn't be as efficient as a 300mm Airecut. What about a 300mm shredder blade like this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shindaiwa-S...160?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540f39ec58

Also, what size arbor does the 130 have? I am having a really hard time finding concrete info on the 130. I can't even find out if a 130 is 2 or 4 stroke. Let alone anything else. I will download the manual. Maybe that will help.

So I could use the 320mm shredder that Kirko is offering to us on a 130 but it wouldn't be as efficient as a 300mm Airecut. What about a 300mm shredder blade like this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shindaiwa-S...160?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540f39ec58

Also, what size arbor does the 130 have? I am having a really hard time finding concrete info on the 130. I can't even find out if a 130 is 2 or 4 stroke. Let alone anything else. I will download the manual. Maybe that will help.

PM sent

I've just ordered a FS250-handle bar model here in Oz . It won't be long before straight 2 strokes will be history . Grab it whist you can .
Also ordered a Stihl (20mm hole ) slasher bar for the FS550 .......... death to Lantana !

Good thread this :)

Hey OrangeRidge,,
Glad ya like the thread,,Its churned out some pretty useful knowledge even if it has slightly diverted from Nylon.
Nice to hear a bit of input from some Aussies also.
From what I hear Stihl is moving away from the 4 mix machines so I am to assume 2 stroke is back on the table.
When you say slasher bar I am assuming you are refering to the 320mm shredder blade ?If so, congrats ,in my opinion it is the only blade worthy of running on a 550 although the 350mm airecut also has its place
Cheers Kirko,, happy destroying.

Hey Kirko ,

Yes , the 320mm shredder blade . It's got a new Stihl number too , which cross referenced on the shop's screen when they typed in what I told 'em from you .
Don't know if the FS250 is a leftovers-USA/EU pile of stock or not . Africa/South America and Asia are holding the line on old 2 stroke . I really don't like the big price
hikes on these new engine models : http://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...hcutters/01621/Professional-Brushcutters.aspx
It actually is gouging because the FS550 didn't increase much at all to the FS560M , so that shows you the pricing-point figures are total BS !
Have to say ( even though it's still two stroke ) that the power output and minimal fumes from the new HS82R stratos engine is impressive .
I'm playing by the rules and running the four-mix BR600 on 1:50 , as I don't want valves oiling-up .

Cheers :)

Back