661R vs 660R 36" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its safe to say the 661 is stronger then its predecessor....
can it beat the competition.....??

bring on the 390xtra pee

Redbull,
I got a stock muff from an 066 if it helps...not sure what the diffs are between the late model 660 muff and the 066's...

send me an addy and ill boxer er up fer ya ifn ya say.

its safe to say the 661 is stronger then it predecessor....
can it beat the competition.....??

bring on the 390xtra pee

Redbull,
I got a stock muff from an 066 if it helps...not sure what the diffs are between the late model 660 muff and the 066's...

send me an addy and ill boxer er up fer ya ifn ya say.
I bet it will be close to a 390 and 395.

if it out powers a 390 its a home run..

if it out pulls a 395 ..well then its a "walk-off grand slam"
Have to be very carefull with this comparison.
A 390 can walk on a 395 in smaller wood

With bars up around and above 36" in wood thats big enough, I would love to see all 3 side by side

I will say one thing, my muffler modder 661 is something else !!

Have to be very carefull with this comparison.
A 390 can walk on a 395 in smaller wood

With bars up around and above 36" in wood thats big enough, I would love to see all 3 side by side

I will say one thing, my muffler modder 661 is something else !!

We're on the same page...none of us are on the porch with the puppies....we're in the big wood with the big dogs.
No reason to talk about twigs when your pushing 6cubes.

Funny I never think of the 390 and 395 as similar or competition for each other. One is a large firewood saw, the latter is a small milling saw...to me.
an 066 is a big firewood saw...but not a "miller" to me. I just look at a 395 and get weary...
I've never held or run a 661 so I got not ideas what it is. Other then wayyyy cool looking

angelo c has one headed my way! :)

to rich? man the last video I did, someone said it sounded to lean lol and the tune hasn't changed but a few c hairs. If I went a c hair leaner on the H with the 36 on she'd be over 13200. Mastermind says the 660 runs best right at 13200. If i was running the 20" bar I could have gone leaner.

angelo c has one headed my way! :)

to rich? man the last video I did, someone said it sounded to lean lol and the tune hasn't changed but a few c hairs. If I went a c hair leaner on the H with the 36 on she'd be over 13200. Mastermind says the 660 runs best right at 13200. If i was running the 20" bar I could have gone leaner.
Sweet! Your videos rock, I look forward to another one.

Yeah I don't get the drink fuel thing (with any saw) sure with a crapy chain a 66 will rev its head off! and when it runs out of fuel not much has been done! lol..Ive got a 211 little baby saw I use farting about at home it don't use bugger all fuel to the point I'm thinking is this thing ever going to run out of fuel I'm busy time is money I need to go do something constructive lol. A sharp chain and a tank of fuel in a 66 is only like 10 times the wood cut the little fuel sipping 211 can do? :crazy2: lol I guess that's very inefficient for a 90cc saw beats me? very confusing for me saw's are very cheap to run in the grand scheme of things I"m putting a 44 of diesel in our TimberJack skidder a day! o_O.......Meh for someone to worry what a saw drinks fuel wise means they are in wrong profession and no I'm not joking just put the saw dawn and walk away from it! lol.....Oh yeah our log trucks pulling a load of hardwood up out of some mountain range are drinking like 3 Liters of diesel per 1km if not more will ask the old man I'm no truckie! but he always tells me how much fuel the trucks where using not that I listen am to busy up front in the Cruiser telling grey nomads towing caravans to get off the road there are log trucks coming up this single lane goat track and no sorry they can not stop! :crazy2:lol

You might look at it another way..
If them lazy slow a55 fellers don't have to stop every 10 minutes to fuel up and smoke a cigarette maybe they would get some wood on the deck....

Just kidding :)

Any comments on fuel effeciency when comparing the 660/661? The 660 likes a drink but the new strato tech 661 might be different. l don't think my M/M ported 660 is that bad on fuel compared to what others say...it is 90cc's. Me like this thread!!
The 661 is better on fuel than the 066/660

The 661 is better on fuel than the 066/660
l thought it would be, along with spring av, mtronics, strato engine the 660 has definately had the upgrades it needed. The 660 is essentially 25+ year old tech and things have come a long way. lts good that Stihl finally brought their flagship saw into the new millenium even though it should have been done a long time ago. l really like their pro saw line up and hopefully the 461 get a facelift too in the near future. But the problem with these chainsaws is that l could do 99% of my cutting work with 3 saws and a polesaw but we keep getting suckered into 'just a couple more' saws and thats it....before you know it you have over 20.:laugh:....and l could think of at least 10 on the wants list.lol

l thought it would be, along with spring av, mtronics, strato engine the 660 has definately had the upgrades it needed. The 660 is essentially 25+ year old tech and things have come a long way. lts good that Stihl finally brought their flagship saw into the new millenium even though it should have been done a long time ago. l really like their pro saw line up and hopefully the 461 get a facelift too in the near future. But the problem with these chainsaws is that l could do 99% of my cutting work with 3 saws and a polesaw but we keep getting suckered into 'just a couple more' saws and thats it....before you know it you have over 20.:laugh:....and l could think of at least 10 on the wants list.lol

To keep my 661, I had to sell or trade one of my others (orders from "high command"). Good thing I had a MAC 110 with a 12" B&C hanging on a hook ............
:laughing: :ices_rofl: :innocent: :happybanana: :dancing:

I don't know what a a55 fellers is :confused: lol...

his post read slow a55 fellers ..........

could have read;

slow azz fellers

Fuel; not everyone makes a living with their saws ...........I would venture to guess that most people here don't. To us, fuel costs have to be considered. I do plenty of sidework, and non-ethanol fuel isn't cheap where I am. I factor that in to each job. Some dudes are using their saws to cut wood to heat their homes, and need every penny accounted for due to living on a fixed wage. Its not all just about getting wood on the landing, for some its a way of making due with what you got, and fuel costs can add up.

Is the air filter system on the 661 any better than the 660? The filter on the 461 I had would get dirty way fast than my 372. Hopefully they reengineered the system on the 661.

his post read slow a55 fellers ..........

could have read;

slow azz fellers

Fuel; not everyone makes a living with their saws ...........I would venture to guess that most people here don't. To us, fuel costs have to be considered. I do plenty of sidework, and non-ethanol fuel isn't cheap where I am. I factor that in to each job. Some dudes are using their saws to cut wood to heat their homes, and need every penny accounted for due to living on a fixed wage. Its not all just about getting wood on the landing, for some its a way of making due with what you got, and fuel costs can add up.

don't forget the "lazy" part too :D...of course I was kidding though...

my point was the longer a saw could be run on the same fuel is better all around. costs not withstanding.
but I don't think anyone is disagreeing that the 661 is strato and they have been better on fuel across the product line.

Not only the cost of the fuel but the downtime during the fueling when the saw isn't producing or the faller having to hump back to the landing for more fuel or get fatigue from bringing in a larger volume. With two saws that have the same cutting speed but one is more efficient, the more efficient one will put more wood on the ground at the end of the day. More wood equals more profit using my math. Everyone is entitled to run their business as they see fit but wasting millions (of something) on wrongful termination doesn't sound like a great business plan to me.

Latest posts

Back