No Spark on Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Bozdog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Working on a Stihl 015AV and installed a Universal Chainsaw Ignition Module. Also, disconnected the kill switch, set air gap at .010. Still no spark. Purchased a used/good condition replacement coil off eBay which I think may be bad as my old one. The seller voice mail box is full and he is not returning my email. Before I purchase a second one is there anything else that could be the problem? Thanks

Working on a Stihl 015AV and installed a Universal Chainsaw Ignition Module. Also, disconnected the kill switch, set air gap at .010. Still no spark. Purchased a used/good condition replacement coil off eBay which I think may be bad as my old one. The seller voice mail box is full and he is not returning my email. Before I purchase a second one is there anything else that could be the problem? Thanks
Where did you find a spot to mount the module?

If that is the only wire coming out of the coil, it needs to plug onto one of the module terminals. The other module terminal needs to go to ground.

Well, just for the record...... Would you mind unbolting the coil and flipping it over and taking a pic? Otherwise, then we might as well let this one drop...

I would like to see what is hooked to what.... The other guys here..... They are watching anxiously.....
Purchased a parts saw, changed coil and got spark. Thanks you very much for your time! It was a bad coil from eBay.

Latest posts

Back