Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few 5200 parts, clutch cover, starter housing, muffler, a couple spikes, a carb, a set of rings, a handle, various bolts and what not.
That's about it though.

Oddly enough, I don't have that many "usable" parts any more. :cry: I have given spare parts to friends, or folks that needed them to get a saw back to running shape. Done that myself too, numerous times. I most recently put together a 4000 from all kinds of misc. parts for a friend.

I quit buying saws or parts saws a year or so ago. Was just spending way to much money for what essentially ends up just sitting around collecting dust. So many saws I don't use for actual work. LOL There is only a handful that I actually use any more it seems. And some of them have changed over time.

I know its fun to try and collect as many different Poulan saws that they made over the years. But that has turned out to be way over what my pockets can handle. CAD gets a hold of ya, and you kinda go on binges. Just the money spent on parts, consumables, etc. bought off Ebay, Bailey's, and other places really adds up over the years.

I'm down to a handful of saws that I use frequently. A 4000, which is the most used, 4200, PP380, and a 5200 or Husky 385xp, when I need a bigger saw. And more recently a Partner 500, as light weight saw. (Thanks Tim!) :D
One good thing about having so many saws sitting around. If I do need a part, I can rob (borrow) one off of a saw just sitting there collecting dust. :dizzy:

Gregg,

Oddly enough, I don't have that many "usable" parts any more. :cry: I have given spare parts to friends, or folks that needed them to get a saw back to running shape. Done that myself too, numerous times. I most recently put together a 4000 from all kinds of misc. parts for a friend.

I quit buying saws or parts saws a year or so ago. Was just spending way to much money for what essentially ends up just sitting around collecting dust. So many saws I don't use for actual work. LOL There is only a handful that I actually use any more it seems. And some of them have changed over time.

I know its fun to try and collect as many different Poulan saws that they made over the years. But that has turned out to be way over what my pockets can handle. CAD gets a hold of ya, and you kinda go on binges. Just the money spent on parts, consumables, etc. bought off Ebay, Bailey's, and other places really adds up over the years.

I'm down to a handful of saws that I use frequently. A 4000, which is the most used, 4200, PP380, and a 5200 or Husky 385xp, when I need a bigger saw. And more recently a Partner 500, as light weight saw. (Thanks Tim!) :D
One good thing about having so many saws sitting around. If I do need a part, I can rob (borrow) one off of a saw just sitting there collecting dust. :dizzy:

Gregg,
you got any of those 4000 parts left you'd be willing to part with?

Gregg,

Well put Gregg! I completely understand what your saying.

Anybody have a link to the Poulan S25CVA repair or owners manuals? I posted over on the manuals page and got a link to the parts list but could use the other ones if someone has them. Thanks!

Sorry I don't Jerry. :( Just my complete 4000 saws is all I have. The one I cobbled together for a friend, I just used a 3400 air filter & cover on it, till I found one on the ebay and added it later.

Gregg,
no sweat. a well known guy on here and the other site was maybe gonna part one out but totally quit communicating. still semi looking

Great post Gregg..

I feel I'm lucky that I bought a collection in one fell swoop (went from about 8 saws to 120 in one shot).

I've sold a few that I wasn't interested in to make my money back, and I'm still sorting and cataloging the rest.

I'll continue to sell off a few (in no rush) so that I can focus on the dozen or so in the collection that I'm most interested in, and hopefully corral a few more Poulans.

I'm mainly interested in having Poulans, and then Canadian saws like Pioneer, IEL, and PM, among others.

I'm sure I'll post a few in the swap section eventually.

Been wanting to post this picture for a while, all three series pulleys 3400 3700 4000
7b504d098ebac2fe9f91c82784aea682.jpg

Been wanting to post this picture for a while, all three series pulleys 3400 3700 4000
7b504d098ebac2fe9f91c82784aea682.jpg

I'm gonna say yes. The top one looks like typical 3400 & 3700. The left one looks like typical 4000. The one in lower right looks like one that might be found on either 3700 or 4000. I personally have never seen one. But, have heard others speak of one that had "pins" on them.

Gregg,

Anybody have a link to the Poulan S25CVA repair or owners manuals? I posted over on the manuals page and got a link to the parts list but could use the other ones if someone has them. Thanks!

I'll send you the pdf service manual this evening if you still need it.

While I am at, I figure I can send it out to others that may want/need it at one point. It is always nice to have them when the saws do show up. PM an email and I'll have one on the way.

So on the 5200's, there were 2 different ways that the top cover was held on, one with the 3 screws and the other with the 3 post type things. Does anyone know if the screws
are still available anywhere or if there is a similar replacement screw that would work for those 3 spots? The one 5200 I have is just held on by the top screw and is missing the
other 3.

So on the 5200's, there were 2 different ways that the top cover was held on, one with the 3 screws and the other with the 3 post type things. Does anyone know if the screws
are still available anywhere or if there is a similar replacement screw that would work for those 3 spots? The one 5200 I have is just held on by the top screw and is missing the
other 3.
The 5200 with the top screw only is older version, there are no other screws, just three alignment tabs where the cover sits down on. The other with the 3 screws is a newer version, the screws replaced the alignment tabs.

The 5200 with the top screw only is older version, there are no other screws, just three alignment tabs where the cover sits down on. The other with the 3 screws is a newer version, the screws replaced the alignment tabs.

Ok so if there is just threaded holes where the alignment tabs are supposed to be, do I need alignment tabs or the screws?

I'm gonna say yes. The top one looks like typical 3400 & 3700. The left one looks like typical 4000. The one in lower right looks like one that might be found on either 3700 or 4000. I personally have never seen one. But, have heard others speak of one that had "pins" on them.

Gregg,
I have one of the pin pulleys on one of my 3700's.

How many of us have a popular parts stash? Lets hear what you have. Most of you know I have a few items. Cylinders rings piston etc. Also a nice stash of air filters
I have a bunch of 3400 cases and parts, two nos 3400 P&C's and other stuff. My garage looks like a salvage yard.

Back