Moving Tree Debris: Back To Front Yard ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious how plastic sheeting is going to last longer than a tarp. The only machine our tarps get hooked to is a groundie, and for the most part their pretty underpowered. Has anyone done a comparison between the longevity of 6mil plastic and a tarp under normal conditions ie across grass, pavement, paving stones, up stairs, down stairs, short sticks, long stick, 200 lbs of sawdust etc? I just can't see how a plastic sheet is going to outlast a reinforced tarp, but I can be enlightened. Our tarps usually last about a week before the holes start and then it's downhill from there.

Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread, but I have to tell you about this device I made a few years ago a just patented this past summer. Google or Bing search TarpTow and you can see what this device does. It works with your riding lawn mower or zero turn to move all your yard needs. It doesn’t require a special tarp because I designed it to work with standard plastic sheeting such as what you use for vapor barrier in your house. I had a storm knock down four trees at my house and I was able to cut them into 20’ lengths and pull them to the front using the Tarp Tow device. Over the past three years of use, I’m still using the same two plastic sheets that are 10’x25’ in size 6mils thick. They show wear, but they still work and they don’t shread like a standard tarp. Also, this device does not use cables or chains and never uses grommets as a load connection point. Check it out and tell me what you think.
Thanks,
Mark Arnurius
We just wad a rock or chunk of wood in the end of the tarp, tie a piece of rope around it, and drag it where ever with what ever.

Arbor trolley is a nice piece equipment. Brush and log moving made easier thru narrow gates. With a log dolly rated for a 1,000 or better. The bottom plate will bend down with over loading. Two-three man piece. A.K.A..big chunks! A simple two inch strap will secure wood on. Also for a two or three man brush pile strap load on dolly. One person moves the volume of three. And yes the min skid steer. Nice for larger wood volume moves from the back up hill.

if you have anyone that does sandblasting in your area stop in and ask for a couple grit bags they are 4ft cubed wt lifting straps great for saw dust n rakings plenty strong they hold 1ton of grit nice wt winches.forks & cranes

Latest posts

Back