The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the chain is 7 feet long ,the big ring is 6 inches ,we pick up 50 gallon drums of oil with it so it would work on a tree that fat or a little fatter to choke it ,not a lot left over like a cable choker though .

May have to steal that Idea for handling barrels and what not!

How ya been anyway, long time no post here... Maybe heading out sorta your way on Monday, little east and southerly though, found some dirt to look at.

Anybody out there ever spliced a loop in a bungee cord?????

I am replacing the bungees on my Pointy Trailer. They are part of the lift system and keep the two roof pieces from flying apart, I think. I bought the kit, but was wondering about the skill of bungee splicing.

A good friend of mine had a bungee cord let loose and hook her in the eye last summer. She did not lose sight in that eye, but healing has been slow and difficult. I recommend replacing them outright and not messing with repairs. They're too inexpensive an item to bother much with, especially now that I'm sort of hypervigilant about them, seeing that injury.

A good friend of mine had a bungee cord let loose and hook her in the eye last summer. She did not lose sight in that eye, but healing has been slow and difficult. I recommend replacing them outright and not messing with repairs. They're too inexpensive an item to bother much with, especially now that I'm sort of hypervigilant about them, seeing that injury.

I am installing brand new ones that cost $30 for two bungees, about a yard long, with a loop on one end and a shrink sleeve on the other end. 8 screws and a couple of washers are also part of the deal along with two plastic doohickies that you put the non looped end in and screw it down and fill it with caulk. I was thinking along the lines of bungee not really costing that much. So, THE INTERNET, of course, gave me a link to a place that sells bungees of all kinds and even ones with loops and the shrink sleeves can also be ordered.

The bungees I took off were ready to break at any time. They were scary looking. I'm also toying with the idea of designing a thin, nylon sleeve to help protect from the sun.
Tomorrow, I caulk and finish up.

Back