You will never see a tree removal like this...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First they came for the loggers, and I said nothing, because I wasn't a logger. Then they came for the arborists, but I said nothing, because I wasn't an arborist. Then the feller bunchers started stealing people's firewood scrounge, but there was no one left to complain to.

Now that is pretty cool but I thinking the cost must be a little on the high side. A good climber and groundman could to that same in an hour.
Looks like there is plenty of room.

Neat video for sure. Sure not cost effective for one tree but I remember there's a back story to this, they were using the buncher for a larger job nearby.

I didn't realise those bunchers could do 2-3 trees together in one grab!

John Henry's gettin sick of machines kickin his butt no doubt!

jomoco

All the larger land clearing jobs around here (2 acres +) are being done with feller bunchers. Excavators then pull all the stumps and all the debris is mulched with a Bandit Beast (or equivalent) horizontal grinder/recycler.

Yeah, I've watched 60ton trackhoes with a thumb, make quick work of even very large stumps, like a minute!

Took me a week to fell what he could dig out and load in one day, very humbling.

jomoco

Latest posts

Back