• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Race Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian22

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
72dl . 3/8 .050 . I bought this chain from the Landrum auction20150126_173207.jpg last year. It was ground by Cliff Helsel. I've never used it . I had big intentions for it but plans have changed. I paid over $400 for it in the auction would like to get $350 obo. Thanks Brian

Very nice Brian. Please excuse my ignorance but what brand and type of chain did he start out with
to make a race chain like this?
Good luck with the sale!!

Very nice Brian. Please excuse my ignorance but what brand and type of chain did he start out with
to make a race chain like this?
Good luck with the sale!!
Look like Oregon CL in 050 gauge. l wonder why Cliff chose 050 vs 063....maybe too save wieght but l would have thought 063 would give you thicker tangs and better cooling/lube. But l am sure Cliff don't need any tips from me.lol

050 in a 058 bar sometimes for other reasons ;). Just say no to 063 RC had one in that on a 084 but prefer 050.

You might want to tell folks what the chain was filed for to give them a idea. What type of motor etc? Like a 5ci stock appearing saw or a unlimited hotsaw etc?

Had a Cliff RC on a Cliff built hotsaw. :happy:

maby somebody can clue me in on whats so specal about this chain? Im currently in the process of building a 3.3ci race saw

Latest posts

Back