MY FIRST SAW! WHAT WAS YOURS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my first saw yesterday I already have a first edition Mac 10-10 lefthand start with yellow top but this is the first saw I have bought. I bought a nice condition 1-71 with a little tinkering and rebuilding the recoil I got it running came with a bar that measures 29.5" from end of clutch plate. Can't wait to get my chain and start cutting with it. Only picture that would load is the one of my little sister holding it
Snapchat-5268787337205649513.jpg

1971 I bought this brand new Pioneer 50cc 2073. Used it for several years for my personal firewood saw.
1971pioneerboughtnew0011.jpg

my first saw was a husky 136. i loved that saw, ended up selling it to a friend for 50 bucks last christmas. no i run a beefed up 372, actually its my bosses saw but he lets me run it. my favorite saw is a husky 357xp that 2dogs sold me at an event here at bothe this fall. that was a fun event, we got a lot done and had a blast. thanks to everyone that was able to make it. and thank you 2dogs for that 357! Nate, you are still really cool even though you fell that fir on the food locker. lol

My first was a Poulan 3o6 A. Cut Hudreds of cords with it before I found out it was shaking me so bad my kids were born naked.

My first saw was a Husqvarna 45 that I got used around 1999. Saw was from the early to mid nineties. Sold it to my friend a couple of years ago and he still uses it. The saw with the most sentimental value to me is my dad's Homelite SuperXL. It currently sits on the shelf next to my 346xp and 372xp.

IMG_20120703_193609.jpg

My first saw, Sachs Dolmar 114, got it for free from my uncle becauce it did not start.
The problem was caused by a wire for the on/ off switch that has slid out of its connector, easy fix when i found it.
Did som cleaning up, filed the chain and the edges on the bar, put on a new(used parts) clutch cover because the brake band was worn out, new clutch springs because the chain did not stop, and after some carb adjustments she goes really good for a old saw.

Don't have photos sorry, but 1987 purchased a Homelite cut with it a few times and it was not what the store built it up to be, then in early 88 purchased a Stihl 028 and that saw cut with zero issues.
Lost the 028 saw in a flood in 2004 at my parents home along with a SH 85.

Husky 55. Non-rancher. Bought it in 2000, still my go to saw. It's light, comfortable to cut for hours, and pretty powerful, espessially after my MM a few weeks ago. Never done anything besides an air filter and plug to it.

Monkey Ward electric with an 8 inch bar, very torquee! Circa 73.

Then Homelite Super 2's with dual triggers.

View attachment 372637

Didn't jump to 020's till the mid 80's!

MS200t's are the best!

I have to pay 1100 for a new one in the box!

jomoco
My first two I got at the same time from gramps, a homelite super 2 and a 330. Wife just got me another 330 for V-day. That makes 7.

My first saw was a ms290 farm boss. That thing will chew through some wood.. Upgraded 2 years ago to a ms362 and that is pretty nice piece of equipment.. My 362 has a 24" bar on it and thats about as big as I want to go. Looking for a smaller bucking saw, any ideas?? Thanks

If you found AS looking for advice on a 1st saw anytime from 2004 through 2009 this is what you would have:

by wood4heat on Arboristsite.com

I love the 361 but if you spend any time on AS you will learn that one saw just isn't enough so I picked up an ms211. I really liked it at first but as the memory of the discount price wore off all I was left with was a little saw I didn't like all that much. I sold the 211 one found a very nice 024! That little saw I like!

I recently bought the 032 and 038 Mag II from my father in laws estate. They're project saws but they were worth more to me then what anybody else was willing to pay for them so they're in my shop now.

Saw an 015l in a box in the Christmas giving thread and thought it would be a neat addition so I jumped on it. It's apart on the bench now, just looking for parts to finish it.

At first and used on one tree a partner 350? Moved on to a 024avs from the dupster and did a piston and ring on a 357xpg, all saws vas dupster ones and the last one is still in my hands.

I bought a Jonsered with a 24 inch bar loved that saw , That one was stolen .

Anytime something is stolen it would piss me off but when you have a tool that you really like... :mad: I would lose my ####! That's like stealing a mans motorcycle!

Latest posts

Back