Large stump removal jobs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoesTreeService

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to remove a large number of stumps (ie 150), most between 12-24 inches in diameter? The trees are not on the ground quite yet, most are walnut, some oak and pine scattered through and a few maple.

Grinding would be a long drawn out task even with a few grinders.

With an experience operator, what is the size stump that can be removed by a bulldozer and how long does it take (ballpark) per stump?

Thanks

I removed 840 Pine stumps mainly 16-22inches in diameter in under 30hours just over 2mins per stump, these were spread over a 10 acer site with about 5meter spacing machine 8018trx.

Reminds me of something, that's it, "Death by a Thousand Cuts".

Novel way to sharpen, but who cares...lol

if you use a trackhoe/ excavator, what will you do with all the root balls? i we did a huge lot with maybe 60 stumps ranging from 16" to like 36" we ground them all up. spread the mulch.
pulled up a few with excavator but then you have to get rid of the huge rootballs that come up. grindings the best bet.

150 stumps is not anything special last week me and another guy went out and killed 50 stumps in 5 1/2 hours a 40 something hp Carlton self propelled and a vermeer 752. Most were 24" give or take but one was a huge cottonwood that took me probably 45 mins+ alone. The 752 was Def not running 100 percent either, the throttle would not stay out so agervatin

Crap just noticed old post

Latest posts

Back