Romeos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I'm home today with not much to do. Cody is at his GF's in Oakley, Anna (the Ex) is in Tahoe whooping it up, and Manda has been coughing all morning and hasn't come out of her room. An me? I just drank a (rare) Rockstar so my head is spinning. And my feet hurt. I bought a pair of Romeos from Madsen's a couple months ago and I really don't like them. They were too expensive to begin with and now they are not even comfortable. My last pair cost me $15.00 from Big 5. These were over $100.00 with shipping. They suck.

What are you guys wearing? I want slip ons, no laces. And no Velcro tennis shoes, I'm not that old!

Oh and I forgot I have to drive 20 miles because Cody left a chainsaw on the jobsite yesterday cause he was in a hurry to get to wrestling practice.

I've got really wide feet, and the cheap ones don't fit me well. So far, I think I like the Georgia's best. I used to wear black Romeos to work, they fit in fine in my area. For the last 10 years or so, I have been wearing Rocky 6300 Wellingtons. They are a lot like a high top Romeo. Which is good, because I frequently forget to pay attention to where I'm stepping. I wear them pretty much every day, and get a year, 18 months out of them. Nice soft sole, so they are pretty comfortable on concrete floors. I do end up picking up a lot of pea size rocks.

Link: http://www.rockyboots.com/rocky-mens-boots/rocky-pull-on-wellington-duty-boot/FQ0006300.html

I order mine from a local place, Anderson's Western Wear, I pay less than the listed price, even sent UPS to me. About time for me to order a pair.

I wear the Georgias too. The ones with the vibram foam type sole, not the rubber traction sole. The robber soled ones have a heal on them and are super uncomfortable for me. I used to wear the Loggers World brand but now they're like $80-$90 bucks at Bobs where I buy em and the soles wear out pretty fast plus the way the soles are there is no sidehill traction.

Crocs. Romeos, which are very common and easy to find and buy from stores here are too heavy. They do sell pink Romeos at Sunbirds but I can get any color of Crocs. Crocs are ugly but are nice and soft and feel good even on my bad feet. Now I feel like googling them to see what is available. They used to be made in Canada but I fear they have gone to China.

Crocs. Romeos, which are very common and easy to find and buy from stores here are too heavy. They do sell pink Romeos at Sunbirds but I can get any color of Crocs. Crocs are ugly but are nice and soft and feel good even on my bad feet. Now I feel like googling them to see what is available. They used to be made in Canada but I fear they have gone to China.

Oh I do love Crocs but I ONLY wear them without socks. My Crocs sit on my bedroom floor next to the door, ready for use at a moment's notice like when the chickens start squacking at night. I need a real shoe type Romeo.

I got a pair of those Madsens ones and don't like them either. Check out the slip ons in Duluth Trading. They go on sale frequently. I think that's the route I will go for my next pair.

Thanks for the invitation Patty but Warshington is a long drive for a pair of shoes. Yes I wear Whites and Wesco but they ship then to me.
I was hoping Nate or Kevin would tell me what they were wearing at the last GTG in Napa.

This is what I've been wearing for the last year or so. I have weird feet and romeos weren't cutting it any more, so I figured I'd give these cork-lined thingys a try. They're OK; I've already gotten more wear out of them then my last 2 pairs of romeos (one from Madsen's and one from I think Georgia Boot) but I'm not sure I'd spend that much again. They're good but not two hunnert bones good.

This is what I've been wearing for the last year or so. I have weird feet and romeos weren't cutting it any more, so I figured I'd give these cork-lined thingys a try. They're OK; I've already gotten more wear out of them then my last 2 pairs of romeos (one from Madsen's and one from I think Georgia Boot) but I'm not sure I'd spend that much again. They're good but not two hunnert bones good.

What were you wearing in Napa? And no pics please if those shoes are covered in poop.

What were you wearing in Napa?

Those very shoes. I do have different laces on them if that makes a difference. They're a bit darker, too, from the Obenauf's.

20150227_072532_zpsebu13fm0.jpg

I had been buying these slip on cheapies from Cabela's. I would wear them about 18 months until there was nothing left. Last time I decided to upgrade to get some thing that would last longer. I bought a pair of Keen slip ons. Leather and a kind-of lugged sole. They retailed for about triple what the Cabela's shoe went for but I found the Keens in the bargain cave and haggled them down quite a bit further. Well the $120 retail Keens lasted right about 2 months before the whole side blew out of both shoes. I have very narrow feet and weigh under a buck sixty so the problem wasn't that. I also found that the treads where horrible in the snow. PURE JUNK.

I also bought a new pair of Sorels. My last pair of Sorels lasted over 20 winters and never did come apart and I wore the snot out of those things They just got so bald on the bottom that taking them outside was like walking on inner tubes. Anyway I bought a new pair with fancy wool liners. Warm and comfortable just like my old ones, but with great traction. The problem is I wore them no more than a dozen times and only around the yard before they disintegrated. The lower rubber part checked and cracked right where it flexed on both boots. Then yesterday the sole on the left boot decided to come 1/4 of the way off. I was under the crummy trying to replace rear shocks and discovered the my foot was really wet. That was because the boot was jammed full of snow. I guess that's to be expected though. I mean, what do I expect for $140? What a joke. They cost right about $12 each time I wore them. They are no longer useable. PURE JUNK.

I will never ever buy either of these brands again.

Cowboys are kinda like loggers lol. I wear my high arched, high heeled boots to ride but they damn sure aren't made for walking. I bought a pair of Georgia romeos ( romeos are a buckaroo thing too lol). Had to work them over to wear them ( cut the top of the arch, could not get them on without a lot of trouble. I don't wear chalks, just a pair of Whites when I play in the woods lol. Ed

Back