The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is now 4 1/2 weeks out from rotator cuff and slapp surgery. In less than two weeks I should be able to toss the awkward cushioned sling and return to sleeping in a bed. In the meantime, I am trying to get ready for next weekend.

As my McCulloch friends know every year a 10th grade class from Boca Raton, Florida take their spring break here to do community projects and I always put them to work lugging firewood out of the woods somewhere rough on their first Saturday. Being out of commission, others put things together for this year. Today I checked out the venue - a power line ROW. Trees were down and limbed, but in some places the ground was a little too steep and wet to get pickups with trailers within a reasonable distance. So I went to ready the old deuce only to find one completely flat tire and two on their way. No big deal as I air them off one of the trailer hook ups, but of course when I hit the starter I just get clicking. It was raining so I will wait until tomorrow afternoon to try to jump it (auto tranny). Next, I readied my little tractor so we can drag out some of the logs - nothing big most only 12" or so. It has zero hydraulics so I had to steer it with the wheel brakes to get it into the garage. Trying to drain the fluid, remove the pump screen and replace the filter with one arm proved to be quite challenging for me but I got it done. The screen was completely clogged with gunk and aluminum drill shavings that Deere apparently left. Six gallons of oil later everything works fine. I Gorilla taped the hood back together so all I have left is to see if I can get my skidding boom attached one armed. May try that tomorrow if the truck cranks. If it rains, I'll tape the grill back together just to do something other than sit in a chair.

This year's event could be real interesting as I am told that a local Mennonite church youth group is also coming. Picture in your mind a group of teenagers from one of the wealthiest cities in Florida wearing work gloves possibly for the first time meeting up with a group of labor hardened teens who bring their own chainsaws. Other than my brother and I as teens, I have never been around teens with saws. Sure hope no one gets hurt. If I get to go, I'll try to get some pictures.

Ron

BTW Our little granddaughter went through a series of tests at Vanderbilt last week. The doctors said her heart, both lungs and adrenal gland are now perfectly normal. Absolutely amazing. And humbling, as half of the CDH babies with her died and the two other survivors have serious issues to overcome. I appreciate you guys and wanted you to know.

Almost forgot - I was on another site the other day and read a post where a fellow was showing off pictures of a recently acquired vintage 6 point tin hat. The very first reply post was: "Pretty cool. But what happened to Gologit?" Sorry, Bob, but I involuntarily laughed out loud for a few seconds.

Ron

Almost forgot - I was on another site the other day and read a post where a fellow was showing off pictures of a recently acquired vintage 6 point tin hat. The very first reply post was: "Pretty cool. But what happened to Gologit?" Sorry, Bob, but I involuntarily laughed out loud for a few seconds.

Ron

LOL...I still have mine. When I croak the local logging museum wants it. There's a message in that somewhere but I'm not sure I want to look for it.

LOL...I still have mine. When I croak the local logging museum wants it. There's a message in that somewhere but I'm not sure I want to look for it.
It's too bad you're not big enough of a man to wear anything that smacks of the woods. Please rat me out Bob as you've done so many others. You are no more a logger than flying to the moon and back.

It's too bad you're not big enough of a man to wear anything that smacks of the woods. Please rat me out Bob as you've done so many others. You are no more a logger than flying to the moon and back.
I understand all the individual words in this post, however, I don't understand what these words mean in this particular order

I understand all the individual words in this post, however, I don't understand what these words mean in this particular order
Hes got it in for Bob for some reason. Nothing new. He alluded to it in the hurt in the woods sticky as well. Just peeks out once in a while. I'm surprised gypo has been hanging around for so long lately. He comes and goes. Usually he will dig up some super old thread when he comes back and points out how clever he is.

Probably. When John gets a snoot full of booze he runs his mouth. That's okay, everybody should do what they do best.

Earlier this year he was being critical of loggers in general and me in particular. I offered him a falling job. The offer was legit. I could have put him with some friends of mine that are doing burn salvage. I wanted to see if his work measured up to his talk. I mentioned to him that he had to show up every day sober. He didn't take the job. The guy that did take the job has been working six days a week for good day wages and was glad to be there.

John is harmless. All smoke, no fire.

Probably. When John gets a snoot full of booze he runs his mouth. That's okay, everybody should do what they do best.

Earlier this year he was being critical of loggers in general and me in particular. I offered him a falling job. The offer was legit. I could have put him with some friends of mine that are doing burn salvage. I wanted to see if his work measured up to his talk. I mentioned to him that he had to show up every day sober. He didn't take the job. The guy that did take the job has been working six days a week for good day wages and was glad to be there.

John is harmless. All smoke, no fire.
True that, when do I start?

Bob, I'm not for hire in the US as a faller regardless of my vast experience. Lol They would throw me in jail for taking another wood ticks job.
But you're right, I've been a bit too mouthy lately and that's what loggers do. They drink, they smoke, they shoot their mouth off and they cut wood. It just burns my ass when someone comes across as something they are not.

What blows me away about Bob, he has never once show a vid or pic of his vast logging experience except for a one limp wristed vid and an 066 shelf queen. Bob ratted out a lot of people and loggers airnt rats. Bob the knob is a professional bull shitter. Anybody in California will back me up.

gypo.......i'v tried to stay out of this but you just won't quit. iv talked to Bob enough to know that he is/has been in the industry. you , i'm not sure of yet frankly. i don't have a problem with you but if you have a problem with Bob, you should just put him on ignore and go about your business.

Back