Does anyone sell race chains?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskydave

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting involved in racing for fun and so forth but I was wondering if anyone sells a good aggresive preground chain? I have the time to study chain grinding but I don't know where to start. I would be interested in buying some racechain to save more time, focus on technique and get started quicker. Any thoughts or advice would be helpful

I have a couple that I would probably part with. These aren't the best there are, but they are pretty good. They will also cost a lot less than a new chain from a respected filer. Drop me a PM if interested.

I am thinking about getting involved in racing for fun and so forth but I was wondering if anyone sells a good aggresive preground chain? I have the time to study chain grinding but I don't know where to start. I would be interested in buying some racechain to save more time, focus on technique and get started quicker. Any thoughts or advice would be helpful

Check with kevin...(cut4fun) he lives near a guy from another site that builds them.

Scott.

Good point Dennis. However, there's not any races like that over here. I think the purses at shows are much lower on the east coast. There is only a couple of shows that can approach those payouts. I agree, a great chain is priceless.

Id like to have a full house chain-anybody build one of those?

Smaller cc saw, can get away with 3/8" 58 gauge Hi Profile Oregon LG series. Full Comp is not necessary but if you are good at bringing your rakers down to a point that allows the tooth to flow through the wood like butter you've got it made. Is it worth it to have a machined ground chain...most certain! If you run one of Dennis's saws 1/2" when you can find it. I have had better luck with 3/8 rather than 404. Don't know if it's the weight or just too much kerf per tooth. 3/8's seems to clean & clear better when in a full cut.

Morton, Wa. $450 to win the stock saw chain race. Hoquiam, Wa. $500 to win the stock saw chain race......Having a winning chain.....PRICELESS!.....Hahahahahahahaha!
Hey Mr. Cahoon have you ever tried to stop by to see Durham? I have gone by the address on the Class (69) directory & found nobody have you a phone # or anyway to contact him as I have been <&> I-5 like a yo-yo lately?

Back