• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Need brake handle for Stihl 064 magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrdo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
20150301_100429.jpg I have an 064 that says Magnum on the top cover.
Ive read that there is more than one style. Im not picky since I just have a nub sticking out of right side.
Thanks.

If you have the factory wrap handle you're pretty much stuck using the wrap compatible brake handle.

The 064 wrap compatible brake handle is hard to find, but you can adapt the 066/660 wrap brake handle easily.

If you have the factory wrap handle you're pretty much stuck using the wrap compatible brake handle.

The 064 wrap compatible brake handle is hard to find, but you can adapt the 066/660 wrap brake handle easily.

Attachments

• 20150301_103017.jpg
    20150301_103017.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 57
How can you tell the difference just from the picture? Im having the same issue finding a brake handle for my 064. you have a part number for the 066/660 wrap brake handle?

How can you tell the difference just from the picture? Im having the same issue finding a brake handle for my 064. you have a part number for the 066/660 wrap brake handle?
064 didn't come with a decomp, as far as I know.

Someone probably switched the handle to a full wrap, then figured out they couldn't un-set the brake with the wrap handle on there, so they just took it off?

Could be. The one I have I got from a salvage yard for $20.00 last week. I brought it home and cleaned out the fuel tank, checked the compression after replacing the starter rope and it came to life! Not sure why it was in the junk pile. Gonna replace all the rubber parts and find a brake handle for it if I can

they are pretty incompetent, but I will check with them tomorrow. will probly have to space it out on the recoil side of my 064. I am still amazed at how hard it is to find a full wrap brake handle!

I got the 9105 for the 064 that will fit a 064 with the full wrap handle i got 75 in it plus ship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back