Logging trucks and equipment pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lady we're doing work for had a husband who collected antique cars and trucks. He's got some real jewels, but he has a White 5-ton logging truck similar to this. Very cool truck that was restored by him but wasn't quite completely done. Powered by a 4-cylinder gas motor... funny how only less than 100 years ago, trucks like this didn't even have heat, and now they've got monstrous engines and leather seats and such.... She was also saying how he had stories of the drivers getting frostbite on their fingers during the winter due to the lack of heat in the cab.
Attachment20948.aspx

C5 jumping balsam.jpg C5 lp softwood.jpg C5 quad quarter right.jpg C5 daenicke.jpg hartwigs helping out.jpg The white Kenworth is mine. Its what we call a Wisconsin quad. I can gross 82,200 with it. The pic with the two trucks in it the close one is a truck n pup. The second is tractor with a center mount loader trailer. They can gross 98,000. But, they don't get around quite as good as my quad.

Hows it going Derek? I never did send you those fishing lures. Too many kids makes a man forgetful. I suppose theres no point in adding a pup to your truck when you're already hauling over 80k?

Big white pine! Why not run chains on the rear axle of the front bogie? I cant stand the way the front slides around without them on. I thought you ran a 1010 and a buffalo?

We got rid of the 1110 this spring and bought the buffalo.

Will probably get another set of front chains this fall or winter, along with rim rings to keep them from walking over.

We had chains on the old caribou and in the space of a few hours one day a chain walked over and cut off the bogie housing. The machine came off the trailer fresh from the shop, newly tightened chains and all, and by the end of the day it was a seven wheel rig. Took months to finally track down another bogie in Scotland.
uploadfromtaptalk1437427401193.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back