Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On early production XL-101 types with the three screw 'magneto backplate', the screws vibrate loose and they suck air. Homelite solved the problem with five screws licktited in on the later saws.
didnt know that, i found a couple that had silicone rubbed on cracks on the case seem on the bottoms, figured it was the air leak

didnt know that, i found a couple that had silicone rubbed on cracks on the case seem on the bottoms, figured it was the air leak

The very early ones had the fuel & oil tank covers glued on with epoxy. When the saw was yanked on in a pinch it broke the seal and it was leak city. Subsequent fixes failed to erase the poor reputation of the design so the XL-101 type never replaced the XL-12 or Super XL as Homelite intended it would.

The XL-101 is noticeably smaller and lighter than an XL-12. Homelite's 54cc lightsabre they are.

Morning midlanders!

i got one them thats in pretty fair shape too :) a new piston is kinda rare isnt it? or is it just cylinders that are hard to find?
i got a XL104 that i needs a piston and cylinder for, its common for then to get case vacuum leaks, that toasts the Pand C
Yeah pistons aren't so hard to find but cylinders are rare! I need a XL 12 cylinder BAD for a while now.

View attachment 409234 Just got back from our stainless scrapper. Bought all four of these saws from him. Why are people scrapping these things!?! WTF is Remington Phaton? First one I've seem. It is soooo heavy!

Bantam. 82cc, and, be prepared to scrounge 7/16" chain, .058 guage.
If you are lucky, .404" x .058".

What is the yellow one? Mono?

Latest posts

Back