Building roads in wetlands

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talked to my north neighbor today and will need to talk with a couple others, but I may be able to use an existing trail through their lots.

So nice of all you mouth breathers (funny, I never said anything bad about the people here, or anywhere else for that matter) to condemn me when I'm just trying to make use of my property.

Don't bother replying to me here, I've read enough of you too and won't be back to this thread.

Yea?

Silvicultural permanent exemption filed today, and will be officially approved in 15 business days. They have to wait out the comment period before signing off, but I've been given permission to start bringing in fill for a 12' wide road bed under the winter rules. :)

Silvicultural permanent exemption filed today, and will be officially approved in 15 business days. They have to wait out the comment period before signing off, but I've been given permission to start bringing in fill for a 12' wide road bed under the winter rules. :)

After all this time there's no more progress than that?

I bought a tractor this spring. Cleared and planted a half acre orchard last fall. Had 6 nerves in my neck cooked in '13 and again in '14, had two elbow nerve surgeries winter of '13.

I didn't even spend more than a couple weekends up there last summer.

I paid cash for the property. I don't need to make a dime off it.

First loads of fill will be coming next week.

I was up there (in the orchard) about a month ago and the trees seemed ok from the look of things.

Part of the slow progress on the exemption was the old road North through the neighbor's place. There's 5 families who co-own that property and it took a committee vote to deny my use of it. Their easement was at the mercy of another land owner, which made them sympathetic to my situation, but they ended up buying another lot their access crossed and that gave some family members an attitude change. Until that door was officially closed, I couldn't qualify for the permanent exemption, so I never filed for it.

They have no problems with me using that road for atv's and cars, but it's barely 6' wide, so trucks are a no-go without significant cutting. Truck traffic, fire trucks, EMS - none of them can access the site now.

I ended up fighting a frozen septic system today, but will resume working on the swamp road tomorrow. Our weather is wonderful now (mid 30's), so working in the woods is a treat.

I hear you on the weather.. cant wait till Monday to hit the woods again for myself with the heat wave it should be a breath of fresh air cutting with out a heavy jacket... wanted to do some cutting this weekend but the new brood of chicks wanted to fly out of the pen I have next to the wood stove in the porch! so my day today was to revamp the heated coop for an additional 26 more white rock pullets an 2 roosters.. these will make for a better supply of fresh eggs around the middle of june and good chicken dinners this fall and winter. this puts me with 55 birds to feed with 17 eggs coming daily for now.... sorry to hear about your sewer freezing up! went through that 8 years ago , cover the danged thing every year now!! lol

Latest posts

Back