Green one saying hi from canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike28

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Found out about arboristsite about a month ago and since then, been here everyday or so.

Got in tree climbing business almost a year ago, now , as a part Time freelance job. After 10years of rock and ice climbing and having an arboriculture background, tree climbing suddenly made a lot of sense!!

So thank you in advance for simply Being there and posting topics i Will read with great pleasure!

Cheers,

M.

Simply being curious, here...

I understand this is a website hosted in the US, but are there any fellow canadian tree climbers, around?? Anyone from qc, in particular?

Looking forward to post pics of coming contracts... Lots of fun to Come !!

Hello Mike.
I'm an ex-Quebecer (Ville Saint Laurent) who didn't care for Quebec's language policies, nor the morons spawning them. Escaped to Ontario around 30 years ago.

Cheers,
Dave

Hello Mike.
I'm an ex-Quebecer (Ville Saint Laurent) who didn't care for Quebec's language policies, nor the morons spawning them. Escaped to Ontario around 30 years ago.

Cheers,
Dave

Yeah, I hear you Dave!

sorry to hear those politics interfered

Where are you buying your gear ?? There's this place in Mtl, sécurité Landry, but I just figure they are way too pricey... Any idea where i could find decent gear without getting a second mortgage on my house, in qc or anywhere inCA ??

Thanks a lot,

M.

I have bought lotsa gear from TreeStuff.com
Their prices are prolly as good as you can get, and shipping charges to Canada are not excessive. If you are an ISA member, use coupon code ISA10 to get a nice discount :). Otherwise, use ARBORIST to get a smaller discount. Either way helps on shipping charges, and the sinking Canadian dollar.
Universal Field Supplies (Mississauga) also good folks to deal with, as are Cutter's Choice, as are Shepards. (Pefferlaw, Ontario) Some or all of them have catalogs / newsletters / websites

If you have a relative or friend in the USA, get stuff shipped to them for free from one of the sponsors here (TreeStuff or WesSpur are 2 of my favorites), and pick it up when you go see them at Christmas or whenever. Their Black Friday sales on Arb stuff is highly problematic to my impulse control.

Thank you so much for the input, Dave!

I have bought tree gear in the past at treestuff but didn't know about those discounts ! I need a new arborist block and loopies and whoopies... Maybe i should just call myself an amateur and contact them for free gear, what do you think?? Loll

Any how, I appreciate you took the time

Cheers,

M.

Cutters has a sale on arborist gear going on right now. Sometimes their sale prices are really good, I bought a new cougar saddle for $205. I'm not sure if their website is back up or not. My go to store has been Treestuff. I'll deal with Ufsupplies, they seem to be next best for price after Treestuff, but they don't seem to stock much, I'll visit Cutters if I'm in London (1 hour away from me) when I have other business to deal with, I'll usually grab an odd length of left over rope or other sale items.

Thank you so much for the input, Dave!

I have bought tree gear in the past at treestuff but didn't know about those discounts ! I need a new arborist block and loopies and whoopies... Maybe i should just call myself an amateur and contact them for free gear, what do you think?? Loll

Any how, I appreciate you took the time

Cheers,

M.
It's very easy and cheap to splice your own loopies and whoopies. Only tools needed are a ball point pen, tape, and tape measure. Pick up some various lengths and diameters of tenex tec and give it a try. Instructions are on Samson ropes website.

Anything over 3/8 I haven't found up here, that has to be ordered from treestuff, I order 100 ft at a time, the price is right. I like to keep 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 laying around.

TC,

Am not planning on plicing for the moment... I Will rather spend money on a piece of rope I know I can rely on without a doubt!! But thank you for the link! I will definitely be swinging by to see what that looks like...

Thanks!

Don't overlook splicing a loopie or woopie. For $10 of tenex and half hour vs. over $80 for premade sling. Tenex IS very easy to splice, even if you make a dead eye sling to start.

Back