My Winter Prediction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna boldly predict that were gonna have a pretty bad mud season here in the northeast.:cry:

Biggest blizzard I experienced was in 67, 48 inches in less than 24 hours. Then in march a wicked heat wave, the whole everything around us turned into one big lake. We humped what we could upstairs, the downstairs flooded. Not deep, but still flooded some inches. Took my tiny rowboat out around the neighborhood, then couldn't resist and went snorkeling in the flood! Had to do it..yep cold, was a teenager, didn't care..

Anywho, everthing around here is already a swamp today and starting monday night we are supposed to get a week solid rain. A week. Dang, just dang...

Zogger, I feel terrible for your misfortune, but that's a great story about chinning up and rolling with the punches. :)

Zogger, I feel terrible for your misfortune, but that's a great story about chinning up and rolling with the punches. :)

Well, when you are a kid, big ole storms like that are an adventure, fun!

I guess for my folks though, it was just an expensive mess and PITA...

HAHAHAHA!

I was the onliest dude mobile at the time of the blizzard locally, because I had snowshoes! yaaa me!

We got out of school two weeks, it took them that long to clear the snow. It was..impressive, drifted over the top of the house. When it melted, along with the other accumulated snow by then, it melted fast. Big corn field behind the house, a lake forms, we are upstairs watching it get bigger, then it starts coming towards the house..freak out time! Despite our best emergency barricades, like rolled up rugs and towels stuffed at the patio door and so on, some water got in, ruined the carpet, but we had enough time to get most everything important humped upstairs. Adventure! Great story decades later....

I think the accumulated deep snow our yankee northeast brothers have this winter though is a LOT more snow, just not all at once. Some of the pics and vids are just unreal.

The craziest winter weather I ever experience was a mild (8" or so) snowfall in Pullman, WA in the early 90's. Turned to slush the next day then BAM- hard freeze. All those piles of slush turned into blobs of solid ice. My F150 was bouncing and sliding around the roads like a pinball machine. No way to control anything. Crazy.

March certainly came in like a lion with 8" of snow here, but today it's in the upper 50's and supposed to be like this or warmer for the next week. Daffodils and crocuses should be popping up.

Getting back into riding weather here. There goes at least a half hour out of each day unless I use the bike for my commute.

Getting back into riding weather here. There goes at least a half hour out of each day unless I use the bike for my commute.
use it!!! I wish I still had a streetbike to ride to work... but if I did i'd be going 130+ everywhere I went. no point in driving slow. no adrenaline rush in that.

Mine is not a hot rod hupte, I ride a Victory Vision. It is basically a heavy touring bike at well over 800 pounds dry.

The craziest winter weather I ever experience was a mild (8" or so) snowfall in Pullman, WA in the early 90's. Turned to slush the next day then BAM- hard freeze. All those piles of slush turned into blobs of solid ice. My F150 was bouncing and sliding around the roads like a pinball machine. No way to control anything. Crazy.

That's the way it works down south and why southerner winter storms (and the roads) make the news.

Mine is not a hot rod hupte, I ride a Victory Vision. It is basically a heavy touring bike at well over 800 pounds dry.
thats the smart kind of bike to get. I had to switch to riding in the dirt. they go slower. lol.

Well another year where the good old Farmers almanac got it right and highly educated meteorologist weather guessers guessed wrong !

Back