whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think just about anything.

Can't a lady have some bubbly without everybody getting into her business?

Anyway:

Rained out today and I really wanted to get these two tree down and I am not just saying that like usual .

e86f335fe62afe8cc2ea8b08729d89da.jpg
06eb4c84f854aa001db12be3768f3c09.jpg
211b22150756de7a44d2d9936c6780bc.jpg
7b5c7a6784d3d22b6835eb5494f993dc.jpg
9ebbb017c18227e87c7628118f8eaea0.jpg

Another day, another dollar.

1. Topping is SUPER prevalent in my area.
2. It was a little yard so we couldn't get the chip truck in with the crane and bucket. So once the logs were all loaded, we backed out the crane and bucket and brought in the chip truck. I thought we lined it up pretty good.
3. I like the tongs for fat stumps because you can lift off evenly without 2 straps. He's not directly underneath.

Did that answer them all?

And no I don't use the tongs for lifting over valuables, (houses, cars, garage) but I use them plenty! Especially to unload the crane at the dump. They are really skidding tons for dragging, I just re-purposed them :)

And the topping really just depends on the areas you're working in. Maples are probably the #1 tree I cut down and is usually been topped 20 years ago and now dying and I get alot of customers complaining about them getting into their drainage lines.

Why use tongs and not straps for the logs? What are those rated for? Would u trust them lifting over a house? Apparently your guy does cause it looks like he is under the load looking at his feet...
the list of ******** goes on and on. use of tongs, no cable clamp on dead end of wedge socket, crane prob hasn't been inspected in years. just another accident waiting to happen.

the list of ******** goes on and on. use of tongs, no cable clamp on dead end of wedge socket, crane prob hasn't been inspected in years. just another accident waiting to happen.
Well i can tell you one of our cranes hasn't been inspected since it left the factory in 1994... i can also tell you the crane I run now built in 08 will probably never be inspected again...

Well why not just be a ******* today, i mean you could say- hay man you know i think this or that about the way you do things but to just call his work ******** is just being a ass. ----But I see Blakesmaster likes it

Well why not just be a ******* today, i mean you could say- hay man you know i think this or that about the way you do things but to just call his work ******** is just being a ass. ----But I see Blakesmaster likes it

Blakesmaster is a **** too.

Well i can tell you one of our cranes hasn't been inspected since it left the factory in 1994... i can also tell you the crane I run now built in 08 will probably never be inspected again...
its your life do as you see fit. i'm making the suggestion for your own good. i'm surprised your insurance company doesn't require annual inspections. if you own a bucket to you get that inspected on a regular basis?

Back