Stihl tech job offering

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulB84

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'll spare you guys the how and why, and just say I have good reason to believe I'm about to be offered a job as a Stihl tech. They're talking about sending me out of state to hands-on training after some online training. New Stihl dealer in town, I was in the right place at the right time and said all the right stuff in the right order.

I've always loved working on this stuff but never really thought it would turn into a profession. Those of you who've answered some very basic questions of mine know I'm no authority as of now, but I've been described by others as an expert at becoming an expert.....

I'm not thrilled with my current career, good money but the hours suck. I was literally about to dust off the resume and start applying to other jobs within my current discipline, but this has definitely piqued my interest.

Really not sure what I'm getting myself into here, would love some opinions either way. I checked glassdoor and a few other online resources but came up basically blank for this particular position. Found out about the bronze/silver/gold rating system for techs but thats about it. They have one guy in WI training currently. Based on that I figure that these guys want silver level techs right out of the gate? After reading the descriptions of the courses I'm fairly confident I can do this no problem.

Figured this would be a good place to ask....

What can I expect to make? Hours? Training? Opportunity for advancement?

Thanks!

Back