390xp Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, now I just have to look up URL and copy and paste to find out how it works. I'm a real moron with computers.
High light the content in the address bar on youtube
Right click
Press Copy
Go back to Arboristsite where you want to post the video
Right click in the post box
Select Paste
Then click on Post Reply

Does that make sense?

High light the content in the address bar on youtube
Right click
Press Copy
Go back to Arboristsite where you want to post the video
Right click in the post box
Select Paste
Then click on Post Reply

Does that make sense?
I think I get it but it's probably making it more difficult because I'm always on AS through my phone.

I see, that does change it up a bit.
Try to press and hold at the end of the address than highlight the entire address.
Then Copy and Paste like I mentioned.

Im not very good with phones so it might just be like the blind leading the blind here.:laugh:

I hope it helps some though.

Saw has come a long way Justin...add a dash of porting and hit that wood again!
Porting = voodoo
Can't wait buddy. I'll put a little real world work to the saw first, so I have a feel for how it runs. Finally going back to work Monday. I'll try and get some better videos.

This build motivated me to get my saw done... Finished up the 390 tonight. Not as nice looking as yours though;)

Just about done. I should be firing it up today, not sure if I can make it to the shop to make some cuts though. My daughter DEMANDS a lot of my time, 4yrs old is a heck of an age. I'll post videos (with the help of my wife of course), as soon as I'm able.
I understand that one. I have a 7 year old boy and a 6 year old girl. Fortunately for me my daughter loves reloading and working on saws with me.
Excellent work on the saw.

Just want to thank everyone again. I have a feeling this is going to be my new favorite saw, brad said it right when he described it as an overgrown 372, the perfect combo (372 with an attitude). I can't believe I've been missing out on these saws all this time.

Take that tank off and sand with 320. Spray with carb cleaner then wash with water and dawn and let dry in the sun. Valspar tractor and implement paint in husqvarna orange is the way to go. Very tough paint! View attachment 415477
That's a VERY nice looking saw right there. If that's what you did for that saw, you made it look brand spankin new. Nice job.

That's a VERY nice looking saw right there. If that's what you did for that saw, you made it look brand spankin new. Nice job.
THANKS! Yours looks great as well. Thought I would mention painting the handle as ive painted 2 that turned out really well. If u do paint it with the Valspar just shoot it with light coats for a few hrs until it looks like u want then let her dry a few days or stick under some heat lamps

THANKS! Yours looks great as well. Thought I would mention painting the handle as ive painted 2 that turned out really well. If u do paint it with the Valspar just shoot it with light coats for a few hrs until it looks like u want then let her dry a few days or stick under some heat lamps
Wow, that's paint on the plastics too? I thought it was a bad idea to paint the plastics but I don't know much about painting and yours looks awesome.

Wow, that's paint on the plastics too? I thought it was a bad idea to paint the plastics but I don't know much about painting and yours looks awesome.
Thats only painted tank/handle but the valspar tractor paint is excellent. Dries very hard

oh, and in the parts diagrams, it looks like the seal covers the bearings outer race like on a husky 350 ... it does not. the seal is integral between the inner and outer race more similar to a regular sealed bearing. its just sealed only on one side. what you see on your unit there is the same as part #503251301
This is what I been trying to figure out on my 2186. So you can just change the seal without splitting the case?

Thanks, Brian

Nice work on the 390, and thanks for posting all the pictures. AS is lacking the build threads that we used to see a few years ago, and its good to see some worthwhile stuff again.

This is what I been trying to figure out on my 2186. So you can just change the seal without splitting the case?

Thanks, Brian
Ignore the picture in the IPL. The seal goes between the ID of the outer race and the OD of the inner race, just like many other saws. It will pop right out once you remove the clutch and oil pump.

Latest posts

Back