My Chevelle 467 first start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a '69 SS El Camino with the 396 4sp combo I'm in the process of restoring. Hope to have it back on the road this summer! The 396 in it is brand new and dyno'd 5oo+ hp as well!

Sounds nice from the front. Now go to the back and lets hear the pipes talk.

I've got a '69 SS El Camino with the 396 4sp combo I'm in the process of restoring. Hope to have it back on the road this summer! The 396 in it is brand new and dyno'd 5oo+ hp as well!
I have one of these also when i have time to get to it

I have one of these also when i have time to get to it

I don't actually own mine yet. It was my father in laws and is now part of his estate. He had started the restoration in 1992 and passed away in 2013. He has been talking about it for as long as I've known him but the family had always given him a hard time about the car saying it would never be on the road again. I feel like his dream of having that car done helped him through some hard times so I really want to finish it for him. Unfortunately his estate was insolvent so lawyers have gotten involved and they have valued it for more than I feel it is worth. It's been sitting in my shop shop for two years now while we take care of the rest of his estate but it's time to either buy it or sell it. I've got that 396 left over from an older project and this would be the perfect match for it! I've just got to get the El Camino for a price that won't leave me completely upside down by the time I finish it.

Here is mine ,i am rounding up parts for it still ,has matching #s engine block and transmission still ,original rims even guy i got it from has owned since 1978 ,and he knew the car as early as 1972 ,20 years ago i told him the if you ever wanna sell it line ,and last year he stopped by and told me it was for sale ,has some rust to fix ,but it is the real deal ss 396 car
69 ss396 001.JPG

Sounds nice from the front. Now go to the back and lets hear the pipes talk.

I'll have to do one from the back . Car has Dougs ceramic headers with Pypes SS 3 inch pipes into street pro mufflers with turn downs just before the rear axle. Car is a real deal SS vin starts with 138. You guys are killing me here I want a El Camino

Back