Character tree pics, bring 'em on?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilMcWoody

Recharging Battery
Reaction score
Sure all trees have their own character, just that some have got a little something extra going on.

This one is a solo tree between two buildings. One can sense its muscled gravitas when walking by.

I'm not sure what type it is, need to re-look at the foliage when it returns in a month or two.

It's a prodigiously strong tree, with almost a whole other large tree or two or three, growing out of it.
Obviously this is but a small portion, couldn't fit it all in the cellie viewfinder.

Bring on your character tree pics ...

2015-03-22%2012.12.22_zps6ys4kyte.jpg

... then I'm a half-blind dum-dum — it looks like Beech to me, if I was going to guess — but I'm just an h/o who's learning.

Still, I love the character of it ...
Yeah I like the look of beech. You should see an entire 40 acres of em. Feels like sherwood forest. I gave ya a hard time cuz thats got to be the most recognizable north american hardwood with the leaves off.

I hear ya.

I can't imagine seeing 40 acre as of em. That would have to be something special, especially without leaves.

Seems like we don't have so many on the island just here.

Mostly locust, maples, oak, pine, sycamore,

There it is from another view

2015-03-29%2014.32.33_zpsh3xtye7m.jpg

All of the beech in my area has now been salvage logged pretty well. The beech bark disease hit it hard.

Is there beech down your way bitzer?
Yep cuttin some now. They're almost always hollow on the butt here. I have cut some nice tall ones with just a little top though. Usually tight together on a hillside. There are quite a few maple/beech woods where all the oak was taken off years ago.

Yep cuttin some now. They're almost always hollow on the butt here. I have cut some nice tall ones with just a little top though. Usually tight together on a hillside. There are quite a few maple/beech woods where all the oak was taken off years ago.

The clean ones are nice cutting aren't they? I thought it was like red oak. Likes to split that's for sure. Beech was bringing a low price last time we cut it. Pulp and logs. The only market for the logs was ties.

The clean ones are nice cutting aren't they? I thought it was like red oak. Likes to split that's for sure. Beech was bringing a low price last time we cut it. Pulp and logs. The only market for the logs was ties.
Yeah they are fun to cut when they have a nice shape. Yeah just low grade saw logs or ties. To bad too. Decent enough lookin wood. They swing real nice. Even the rotten ones.

Yeah they are fun to cut when they have a nice shape. Yeah just low grade saw logs or ties. To bad too. Decent enough lookin wood. They swing real nice. Even the rotten ones.
they say the lumber warps and checks bad.......

the ones here don't really want to swing, hinge will break easy.
000_0118.JPG

Back