Ultrasonic Cleaners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are missing my Hellenic friends point. He was merely pointing out that an USC is not needed in cleaning case halves or pistons. While it makes the job easier it may not be quicker for all. Case halves get a nice bath in Palmolive and warm water in my parts cleaner. Ever since bubba took his Sunday teeth out of the USC and put in a carb we have done things differently. :innocent:

So what's you're preference for hosing down your Hellenic friend and his overwhelming wit and wisdom before taking him out in public?

The one I have is a pile o crap compared to a real cleaner. I can do a better job in 10 miles by hand in the solvent tank than that thing can do with cycling it all day. (only runs for 5 mins at a time)

The 2 litre Harbor Freight (Chicago Electric Power Tools) USC is the best value out there for smaller pieces by far, though I've de-funked absolutely disgustingly spooged up case halves from saws as large as an 066 by just flipping the part a couple times.

Cleaner of choice depends on job at hand. I've found a 50/50 mix of good ol' Pine-Sol to water is the best bang for the buck for everything, though I also subscribe to various isolation methods such as baggies and jars with any number of cleansers for getting all specific and stuff for certain applications without having to dump your basic US un-funk solution. No-brainer there.

Anyone who claims an USC is useless is an idiot and should not be allowed in the vicinity of children or small animals, let alone a chainsaw.

So what's you're preference for hosing down your Hellenic friend and his overwhelming wit and wisdom before taking him out in public?

Well I tried Ouzo but he is a quiet drunk so not much fun! :innocent:

Also there is the language difference. So I cut him some slack. Many phrases do not translate well. Like " if you offer an idiot all he can eat at 1 sitting don't be surprised if he arrives without trousers so he needs not get up to take a crap " the gist is there but it loses much of the ha ha factor in the translation. His point is a simple one. It is a chainsaw not open heart surgery keep it simple.

I simply offer a logical position in the discussion based upon first hand experience. You do not.

Anything else?
No mister you offer your personal position , some peoples agree some peoples dont , the same with my position some peoples agree some not

Dont forget to dry the saw with hair dryer, after the ultrasonic bath and put on and a little parfume ( of the expensive of course ).
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back