The officially unofficial Fugly Stump Competition.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who has posted the Fugliest Stump picture?

• KiwiBro

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • johnny5ny

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • rwoods

• Cyberspaceking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grey

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • steve easy

• Gologit

• Skeans

• David (saltas)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BGE541

• Total voters

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
You know it, I know it, we all know it - sometimes bad stumps just happen.

Other times it's a natural consequence of too many beersies and/or our motivation far exceeding our skill/experience.

If you or anyone has picture proof, feel free to post it in here and/or vote for who has posted your favourite Freak'n ugly stump picture. The poll has been set to allow voters to change their vote as more stump atrocities surface.

It could be your stump or 'a friends'. Nobody here is on trial.

Go ahead, give it your best (or was that worst) shot.

Winner gets a mystery prize and eternal glory.

Here's a starter:
12059-1429327078-1457902a9ac9ce579c1bb60c3b4ddf4c.jpg

The list of damage this gum did was extensive and will need more hours of therapy before I'm ready to fully talk about it, but suffice it to say, the fence is fine now and that customer is too far away to do more jobs for anyway.

This one Gologit posted elsewhere a while back but I'm snaking it to increase my chances of winning:

P4231672.jpg
Dammit, you used my entry. Scoundrel! :laugh:

I wish we'd taken pictures of the jack-strawed mess that went along with those stumps. I don't think anybody could have made a bigger bunch of mistakes in one place even if they tried. Some of the trees went directly backwards over the slopping back cut. The cutter...I won't call him a faller...was lucky he survived.
Slowp and I and a couple of other people worked quite a while cleaning up that debacle.

And no, I wasn't the cutter. The guy that made those stumps hasn't been around lately. We're glad.

OK this really isn't ugly but as you can see from the new part of the fence it did do some ugliness before it fully became a stump. What this photo doesn't show is the newly installed gutters on the house that were damaged from a falling limb before finally deciding to revert the tree to a stump state. To complete the picture of ugliness I have taken ages to clean up the debris and I am told it's becoming an eyesore.
2b2be22de414f8e93d0555e0f7b5b026.jpg

My wifes uncle had a smaller tree stump in his back yard from a felling attempt with a borrowed chainsaw, I mean when you need to borrow a chainsaw to cut down a tree you know its going to be ugly. The stump was such a horrific and terrifying piece of butchery that after staring at it with a few other family members there was honestly no clue as to which way it fell, or was intended to fall. After a year of mockery by everyone he had it removed with a high hoe though. Nice entries so far, I might be able to find one that I can take full credit for yet though.

Dammit, you used my entry. Scoundrel! :laugh:

Feeling kinda guilty about snaking it now.
How about I delete it and you post it, or people just vote for you if they like it?

Those stumps must have been quite the feature to stumble upon. I'd be looking for a body and beat up wild thing amongst the carnage.

Feeling kinda guilty about snaking it now.
How about I delete it and you post it, or people just vote for you if they like it?

Those stumps must have been quite the feature to stumble upon. I'd be looking for a body and beat up wild thing amongst the carnage.

Go ahead and use it. I don't have any pictures of my own ugly stumps...purposely. :laugh:

Those pungi stick stumps were actually a good deal for me. I'd been falling the bigger stuff, for pay, and they had volunteers cutting the smaller stuff like in the picture. After we came in and cleaned up the volunteer's mess I worked a deal where I'd do all of their falling...or none of it. It was good for about five years worth of work.

Go ahead and use it. I don't have any pictures of my own ugly stumps...purposely. :laugh:

Those pungi stick stumps were actually a good deal for me. I'd been falling the bigger stuff, for pay, and they had volunteers cutting the smaller stuff like in the picture. After we came in and cleaned up the volunteer's mess I worked a deal where I'd do all of their falling...or none of it. It was good for about five years worth of work.

Those are the best jobs to get into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back