New Stihl MS192T C&E chain options.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOTGSXR

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been lurking a bit and I ended up getting a Stihl MS192T C&E chainsaw. I actually did not pick it up yet though. I have the dealer changing the Bar to the Rollomatic E Light 16" bar.

The dealer is ordering the bar on Monday. I inquired about the PICCO PD3 chain and he checked and it is not available for the 192. Are there any other options for a carbide chain that is allegedly low kickback like the PD3?

Next question... should I opt for the Rollomatic E Mini Light 14" bar instead and if so, is there a carbide tipped chain that is a better option in the smaller size to increase cutting efficiency? Note, if I go this option do I need to change the sprocket? If so, I will not go with this option.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan

Its available but you need a .050 bar and not the .043

I have the 14" E Light .050 bar but not the mini on mine and it weighs next to nothing. I would go with the .050 bar, you have way more options as far as chain goes.

No sprocket changes needed

I assume it is the .050 bar but the dealer told me that according to Stihl's dealer website, the PD3 chain is not compatible with the 192T. From what I found, the 3/8" PICCO 36120050055 is exactly what I thought would work perfectly.

The thought of the .043 intrigues me though, but the above should also work well right?

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting side note.. my 1 year old son is named Daniel Jaxon. Don't see that spelling much so I thought it was cool!

Thanks for the help Chris.

I assume it is the .050 bar but the dealer told me that according to Stihl's dealer website, the PD3 chain is not compatible with the 192T. From what I found, the 3/8" PICCO 36120050055 is exactly what I thought would work perfectly.

The thought of the .043 intrigues me though, but the above should also work well right?

Thanks for the reply.
Stihl must stay up late and get up early trying to confuse their customers. The MS362 C-M says 16"--20" bar one place and under their bar selector they list up to 25" They spec .063 chain when everyone knows .050 will work also.

l am pretty sure you will not get a 'light' bar in 16" your dealer may struggle with that one but a 14" light bar is availible. You will appreciate a small bar on a small saw. l personaly would fit a 10" or 12" at most in a light bar 3/8 050or043. 14" is ms201 territory. A 16 inch bar on a top handle is kinda silly and will be dissapointing when being fully used. Stihl spends a lot of time balancing their top handle saws as they know what they get used to do commercially. lf you set the saw up poorly to begin with it won't perform as the engineers intended it too. Good luck and comgrats on a good saw. l just bought a ms150ce rear handle.

Thanks for the replies guys. The 16" E Light bar part # is 3005 000 7413. Why is it a struggle cr888?

Thx

Thanks for the replies guys. The 16" E Light bar part # is 3005 000 7413. Why is it a struggle cr888?

Thx
My bad your right, l could only find a light in 14" recently but l am better informed now. Thanx:) You will really like the light bars they make a big difference and hold up pretty well. Quite stiff too! After running them on top hadles l am sold on them and are slowly replacing any new bars with lights.

Ok. So a little update. I just picked up an MS250 to get running so I decided to just get the regular 14" bar and the .050 chain. I could have gotten a 16" bar also. Same price but once the MS250 is running.. this would be useless on the 192T. I should pick it up tomorrow.

Back