Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the s25cva cleaned up. I had a hunch that since it came from the original shop that it was purchased that it was gone over within the past few years - all the gas lines were nice and soft and chain was sharp. Just needed new gas and a few pulls and it started. Now it starts in 1-2 pulls. The piston is flawless and there's so much compression I have to darn near stand on it to pull. What a nice surprise!View attachment 419527

Nice! That is my favorite of the S25 series. The Counter Vibe feature does help some. Although I will admit I have never used one for any length of time, like I have some larger saws. Some old timers cut a lot of firewood with those.
This "old timer" used a 3400. :D

Gregg,

Got the s25cva cleaned up. I had a hunch that since it came from the original shop that it was purchased that it was gone over within the past few years - all the gas lines were nice and soft and chain was sharp. Just needed new gas and a few pulls and it started. Now it starts in 1-2 pulls. The piston is flawless and there's so much compression I have to darn near stand on it to pull. What a nice surprise!View attachment 419527

Nice saw Mark! Got one just like it:) haven't got to use it yet though.

20150217_223340.jpg

Picked these two up off eBay, fuel lines and carb rebuild and they are runners
60e0c6723edaef1c8039678e18d616b7.jpg

If you need a top cover for that one I may have a nice one in the garage.

Nice! That is my favorite of the S25 series. The Counter Vibe feature does help some. Although I will admit I have never used one for any length of time, like I have some larger saws. Some old timers cut a lot of firewood with those.
This "old timer" used a 3400. :D

Gregg,
Was up at camp last weekend and take up 4 saws. The 3.3/3300 was running so nice that it never left my hands. I just could not bring myself to getting the fresh 141A dirty and did not need the others. :dizzy: I'm so out of shape since winter. All it takes is couple days of cutting and feel it for 2 days... Out of the saws that I have, I'm excited about the 25 the most. It definitely will be in wood this weekend.

Anybody ever seen this rebadged version of the S25? (Not my saw...but dang sure wouldn't mind it being...) Couldn't find a thing about it.

Attachments

• TronkSuper.jpg
    TronkSuper.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 21
  • TronkSuper1.jpg
    TronkSuper1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 21
Oh....so you get ONE nice day, then rain & wind, another nice day, more rain & wind, etc. with fluctuating temps. Still leaving the ground as soft as jello, so ya can't get out in the woods to work, while the temps are bearable.:D

Seems like it has to be 80-90 F before I can cut wood around here. :(

Gregg,

I hear you on that April and May can be fickle. he ground is almost dried out here. Still snow on the ground 2 hours north of here.

I never ***** about the heat anymore even though I find the transition from cold to warm trying. I just keep reminding myself of February.

Did any of you guys get this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POULAN-3400-CHAINSAW-/111645812146?nma=true&si=eEuUcOuLnDtpEun%2FRsmAH%2FRojCo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The round filter cover screw and thin tab oil cap indicates that it's a very early 3400 with a high probability of having an adjustable oiler.

Nope, not me. And your right! Pretty nice shape for a early one. Probably does have the adj. oiler, cause you can see the hole in bottom. I never had my hands on one of them.

Gregg,

Never noticed the oiler though I wouldn't have bid on them. Had one and believe me it doesn't do very much. Definetly doesn't increase flow, which is why I believe it was deleted from later saws. Impulse driven pumps just aren't that efficient

Latest posts

Back