The officially unofficial Fugly Stump Competition.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who has posted the Fugliest Stump picture?

• KiwiBro

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • johnny5ny

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • rwoods

• Cyberspaceking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grey

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • steve easy

• Gologit

• Skeans

• David (saltas)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BGE541

• Total voters
60d3701c436bf9f1043f8df63c1efc92.jpg

A real hard Dutchman if you can consider that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cb51d3fdaa54e638edc10a5af9c199bc.jpg

The stump isn't ugly but the butt cut split out with all the rot. Not sure if it'll count or not

Yeah, I noticed. Was anybody hurt? The way the saw is just laying there in the second photo makes me wonder if someone was already on the way to the hospital, and the photo was taken to show them later.
Nobody and no chainsaws, bars or chains were hurt in the making of this "work of art."
There but for the grace of God...

Oh ok so around Eugene or people republic of lane county?

I'd get my butt kicked for a stump that high unless it was on steep ground that wasn't touchable without cable

That was on a pretty good slope, my father couldnt get down to it so I fell 6-7 of them then hook them up and dragged them out. Just to the left of that tree is a dyke so not a lot of ingress and egress.

Everything I was taught you basically hit dirt with your faces or your not low enough, or if you're not hitting dirt on a back cut you're not low enough.

With an axe or saw? How long you been working up that way?

Saw and axe if you get in trouble, and about 10 years I started before I was out of high school

Steve, I'm laughing because that is an almost replica (except my backcut wasn't low) of my first ever barber chair, cutting Kahikatea on the side of a wind tunnel when it was howling so much I couldn't even hear the saw revving. I posted it here but in one of the site purges it got lost and I never kept a copy.

Latest posts

Back