the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That buttoned up nicely but the sticker says Fuji heavy Industry aka Subaru would of thought Polaris would make there own engines
I think it has always been pretty much that way!
One would naturally think Polaris being an American associated company, that they'd build all there own gear, but I guess the Japanese companies, provide quality and affordability.
Look out when all this stuff goes to China!, I'll have to ask Mc Chinga Bob 4 help! ;)

Give me a lever and i can move the world

rolling that log, hey Vince you know this bit of wood well i finally got about to slice it up
The weenie 310 sorted it easy nuff but i had to roll it to finish the slice and but as alone a ton plus don't wanna go over easy. Chaps like Stihlman would have log rollers at hand all day but i don't often need so use my crow bar / Slammer tool make a great lever just slice a top grove plonk it in and over she goes

How do others handle big log slicing and rolling what your tool of choice

IMGP6168 - Copy %28Large%29 (1).JPG IMGP6170 - Copy %28Large%29.JPG IMGP6172 - Copy %28Large%29.JPG

rolling that log, hey Vince you know this bit of wood well i finally got about to slice it up
The weenie 310 sorted it easy nuff but i had to roll it to finish the slice and but as alone a ton plus don't wanna go over easy. Chaps like Stihlman would have log rollers at hand all day but i don't often need so use my crow bar / Slammer tool make a great lever just slice a top grove plonk it in and over she goes

View attachment 421425 View attachment 421426 View attachment 421427

I use the one leaning against the ute a mates copying it in a larger scale
dd6592a68507f0e8c860a8e5f595083f_zps2d7cbc7a.jpg

View attachment 421425 View attachment 421426 View attachment 421427

Did hole under log with crowbar attack rope,strap in a way when you pull with ute it rolls the log over.

hows that 661 going Andrew

I havnt had time only have one tank through it so far,been fitting out the Ranger for my 3 month trip in the Kimberlys and Gulf ares in a couple of weeks.
But next week i have a Cypress and Pine felling job and there all big and lots of um so it will have a 36'' bar on it and give it a good run.

I just use a chainsaw slice it 3/4 of the way through every 15cm, but cut it right through about three times along the length of a log that size, being careful of the slope of the ground so I just miss the soil. Then two of us can roll each section over to cut through the rest of the cuts.

Edit: I start with a bigger saw than the one in your photo, though. I think you need an upgrade, mate.

Back